28 July Bridge strike M6 Closed jnc 32-33 Galgate both ways

ezydriver:

stuwozere1:

ezydriver:
Is it a disused bridge?

It’s a cattle bridge… Farmers gonna be a little miffed his cows can’t be milked in the morning!

He’ll have to spin his herd round at J33 then.

See, it´s posts like these that we need a “Like” button for :smiley:

steviespain:

ezydriver:

stuwozere1:

ezydriver:
Is it a disused bridge?

It’s a cattle bridge… Farmers gonna be a little miffed his cows can’t be milked in the morning!

See, it´s posts like these that we need a “Like” button for :smiley:

Comedy genius [emoji121]️[emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:

ezydriver:
Is it a disused bridge?

The farmer will have to take them the Udder way round now :laughing:

All I can say is thankfully I was on rest days, otherwise I’d have been dragged down to assist with traffic control/tailback welfare.

Pennineman:

stuwozere1:

ezydriver:
Is it a disused bridge?

The farmer will have to take them the Udder way round now :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he will have to crack on and keep them moooving or they will be fresian at night although if its too cold the farmers wife could knit them a jersey…
unlucky for them as they will just calve to hoof it…obviously tough if their going to ayrshire,galloway or the highland…thats my knowledge of cows exhausted ,.anyone else now? :confused:

dieseldog999:
he will have to crack on and keep them moooving or they will be fresian at night although if its too cold the farmers wife could knit them a jersey…
unlucky for them as they will just calve to hoof it…obviously tough if their going to ayrshire,galloway or the highland…thats my knowledge of cows exhausted ,.anyone else now? :confused:

There’s no improvement on this, it’s simply bovine.

Wherds fail me.

steviespain:
Wherds fail me.

Scraping the barrel now…moooove over and let someone else tell the jokes [emoji106]

Now you´re just horning in :wink:

Matrix signs still saying 32-33 closed northbound

Open northbound at 5.15. Still closed southbound.

albion:

Concretejim:

Stanley Mitchell:

albion:
First post says driver in hospital but OK.

That is an expensive trailer to write off.

I thought that when I first saw the photo…an Ekeri fridge, cracking kit, with a price tag to match :open_mouth:

Glad the driver survived though, one lucky chap / chapess …

Glad the drivers survived.

Itll no doubt be a schmitz though. They have quite a few.

Still not exactly cheap though, just cheaper then an ekeri

We’ve got a couple of Schmitz folding walls, about 8k cheaper than the Ekeri and we think the build is better, as does a subbie of mine that has both in his fleet.

Never really saw them being worth the price tag for reefer work, but it’s not my world.

I looked at buying a few some years ago, purely for the security and flexibility, but I couldn’t justify the price, well steep even in those days :open_mouth:

I think if you are using them like MJG does, every night flat out chasing the hours, fair enough, but not for how we would have used them… :blush:

Stanley Mitchell:
I looked at buying a few some years ago, purely for the security and flexibility, but I couldn’t justify the price, well steep even in those days :open_mouth:

I think if you are using them like MJG does, every night flat out chasing the hours, fair enough, but not for how we would have used them… :blush:

Ferries insist on hard side now for explosives and not everything fits through the back doors, so there isn’t that much of an option for us Stanley! By the time we finish adding bits, they come in close to 60k - actually thinking back when I said the Schmitz were about 8k cheaper, I was comparing a bog standard Schmitz with a finished Ekeri, so the difference is only a few grand cheaper.

I briefly flirted with the idea of one of those Knapen trailers where the whole side lifts up, but it just looked like something would go wrong too often

youtube.com/watch?v=8-bsjMhea6E

albion:

Stanley Mitchell:

Ferries insist on hard side now for explosives and not everything fits through the back doors, so there isn’t that much of an option for us Stanley! By the time we finish adding bits, they come in close to 60k - actually thinking back when I said the Schmitz were about 8k cheaper, I was comparing a bog standard Schmitz with a finished Ekeri, so the difference is only a few grand cheaper.

I briefly flirted with the idea of one of those Knapen trailers where the whole side lifts up, but it just looked like something would go wrong too often

youtube.com/watch?v=8-bsjMhea6E

Agreed… :wink:

Getting ready to reopen shortly. :wink:

sweeper1gg:

biggriffin:
How can that bridge be unsafe, it’s got a Volvo holding it up.

silly lad, you got your fame for a few mins, yes BIG griff we no your here, i bet you have white powder on your face and a red nose, and maybe a burger and an inhaler.

That’s me ready for the day…

Been busy overnight placing supports in.

biggriffin:

How is that not funny

ezydriver:

But that is?

Volvo’s are known to be strong. Biggriffin, your comedy isn’t completely wasted on here :laughing:

biggriffin:

sweeper1gg:

biggriffin:

silly lad, you got your fame for a few mins, yes BIG griff we no your here, i bet you have white powder on your face and a red nose, and maybe a burger and an inhaler.

Christ! You must have calfs like tree trunks to lift the steel toe caps in those bad boys…

2 for 1 as it’s Friday.

biggriffin:

sweeper1gg:

biggriffin:

:laughing: Show us yer squirty flower…