M6 sb closed j34 to j33

Hi all is there anyone stuck in the m6 j34 to 34. Im assuming must be a bad one. Hopefully no fatals .Having to go a66 :frowning: longer way to destination.

Just read that two lorries have collided and it needs to be resurfaced, could be shut for up to 24 hours!

Apologies to non Facebook users. m.facebook.com/groups/336409379 … 1338944580

I am at tebay now heading to Warrington. No matter what i do i wont be getting home in the morning

i heard at the fleece that there is a truck with the back caved in. A truck burned out and a car which is ‘gone’ whatever that means. Currently the queue is past j36 and it will be closed overnight. Off at j34 and follow the hollow black squares to j33

Highways are saying m6 due to reopen 0600.
Resurfacing whole s/bound after rtc.

The queue starts just inside the Lancashire border. 8 minutes stationary so far

Once again, apologies to non Facebook users…m.facebook.com/groups/336409379 … 8742263173

Now closed at j35

went past (north ) @ 10.30 ish and standing traffic all the way back to burton Kendal services :frowning: pleased to be home with a morgans spiced :smiley:

Bloody brutal. Let alone that sb m6 closed there.
M1 south closed and even parts a1 at wetheby.
7 hrs to get to watford. Thankfully on wae back now. Double manned so shud be back in glasgow for 7am :frowning:

I spent over 20 minutes stationary outside truckhaven then moved to the other side of the roundabout. 28 minutes so far just passing the entrance and i am not moving at all. Both sides of the M601 is solid with cars, vans and trucks on the hard shoulder and a lot of mirrors are not pulled in. Be careful along there

We got loads of our lot stuck in this that aren’t going to make it, sounds horrendous. Looking at google maps the diversion is just one long queue down the A6.

Bridge strike. 15’9

scanny77:
Bridge strike. 15’9

Just another day at office then. You’d think diversion routes would be routed to avoid that kinda stuff. Let me have a guess dhl struck bridge

Just seen a picture of the cement mixer involved… the unit is in lane 3 and cab is in the hard shoulder :open_mouth:

Shocking scenes. :frowning:

Where did you see that rob

It was a norberts that hit the bridge just past truckhaven

scanny77:
It was a norberts that hit the bridge just past truckhaven

My old man works for them. Prob the agency boy thats covering him whilst hes off on the sick.
Im sure there deckers are 16"2

Davy85:
Where did you see that rob

North West Motorway Police’ twitter feed - which btw is well worth subscribing to if your on Twitter. I would post a link but no idea how on my phone!

My thoughts are with those who are involved and their families.

It looks like the highways department have decided to resurface a section of road everytime there is an RTC is this their new funding policy ?