M6 j3 closure today

i was stuck northbound for maybe 30mins between j2 and 3… when i want past the accident scene all they was was a hato and a bent barrior…
why was the m6 not opened sooner?? :question: with just 2 lanes open? nothing todo with a crash went down the side while i was waiting… … they must ahve been 20+ hgvs on the HS after i went past j3… and the servs looked rammed with em. the que went back onto the m42 roadworks, id have thought the road or at least 2 lanes should have been opened quicker…and the a38 been shut didnt help either…
but then if i had a £1 for every matrix sign i passed with misleading info on i could prob pay off the 3rd world debt :laughing:

I wonder if plod has ever pumped the drivers for parking on the shoulder in a situation like that

i was in it s bound with mr vain and several others for about three hours without turning a wheel. cant belive it took that long to get us moving. im sure they could of opened at least one lane,

i feel sorry for the family of 5? that had broke down and sat on the barrior on the HS between j3 and the crash… god only know how long they were waiting… and i bet they had a long wait for the breakdown truck to get to me…

My last job was Barton under Needwood to Bayton rd in Bedworth, It was fun trying to get there (not)

It took me about 30 mins longer than usual going via M42, A45 B4114 and the B4113, It was hectic through the town centre.

Coming back to Derby was even worse, flew up the M6 no problem, saw the miles of traffic waiting to get to J3, The queue was as far as the M42/M6 split. :open_mouth:

I gets on to the A38 to find a milk tanker had overturned on the southbound between Clay mills and Branston causing massive delays in both directions. :open_mouth:

I had to take the scenic route home :slight_smile: , Another 30 mins lost there. :frowning:

I didn’t have it as rough as you lot southbond on the M6 but my bloody head was bangin when I did eventually get back to the yard. :cry:

If Bob Geldof was a trucker before a singer he would have recorded tell me why I don’t like Fridays. :unamused:

I went past the accident going northbound, there was a hyundai coupe with the roof cut off, a manged van and a battered artic. Looked the artic had tried to turn the LWB Renault van into a SWB one and ended up against the central reservation.