17th November here in France

albion:

Franglais:

albion:
Got one of mine stuck south of Chartres on the ring road. Heading towards Orleans hopefully.

That was showing red/black on Goggle yesterday and earlier this morning. I scooted around a different route, but that isn’t an option for your guys I guess. Seems St Lo A84 still has some blocked in since yesterday morning.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

He’s got moving now. Actually, this one just has empty cases on, so he can wander where he likes!

Think it was the farmers blocking the N154 yesterday

Much quieter in the west than it has been.
Still problems on the bridges at Nantes and Saint Nazaire, and as expected the refinery at Donges and the surrounding area is a problem

I came down to Saumur and the roads and peages are very quiet.

Anyone know if more dates and demos are planned ?

I got down to Auxerre problem free & back up too . I did avoid the 26 & A1 though reading a local French site seems from the 300000 protesters on Saturday numbers appear to be falling away down to around 10000 now. However plans are in place to completely blockade Paris this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superscaniaV8:
I got down to Auxerre problem free & back up too . I did avoid the 26 & A1 though reading a local French site seems from the 300000 protesters on Saturday numbers appear to be falling away down to around 10000 now. However plans are in place to completely blockade Paris this weekend

Paris traffic at a standstill !
Will anyone notice?

(Oldie, But couldn’t resist)

Franglais:

superscaniaV8:

Paris traffic at a standstill !
Will anyone notice?

(Oldie, But couldn’t resist)

indeed good one. Horrible place to drive in or near

Looks like the protest will continue this weekend and onwards.
Donges is bad as expected but I have seen protests being set up now in other towns on Friday afternoon.
I am in Saumur at the moment.
What’s it like anywhere else ?

Still problems on the Perif Sud in Caen, also on the roundabouts in Mondeville, (route du zone portuaire and Gilbertville)

Going by the news, tomorrow is going to be a nightmare. The “gilets jaunes” are going to try to disrupt the majority of shopping centres. There are quite a few (in their thousands) heading en masse to demonstrate in Paris.

This has now spilt over into Belgium, Wallonia at least.
Got stuck for 4 hour’s on Wednesday just to the West of Beaumont ( Erquelinnes).
Not far from the French border.

Rouen was bad yesterday smaller protests in Le Mans but all good natured

Delayed at Donges as per usual this morning.
Slight delay at Ancenis but seemingly quieter.
Just got to get back now.
Delays at Segre and Chateaubriant and Donges. Nothing much compared to last Saturday but not looking good going into next week .

Just heard from a colleague that he has been blocked at Rennes since Saturday.

OwenMoney:
Just heard from a colleague that he has been blocked at Rennes since Saturday.

Bloody hell Owen !!! Whereabouts ?

I left our depot in Vire, Friday at 17.30, to do a changeover at les Essart, j5 A83 (between Nantes and Niort). Got back to our place around 03.30. Usual traffic jams on the Rennes Rocade going down (porte d’Anger, porte de Nantes), maybe a bit heavier than usual for a Friday evening 19.00, didn’t think anything about it. Clear run coming home.

He loaded at 11.15 so left Donges about 12.30 and got as far as Rennes .Got blocked and then 22.00 hour ban kicked in and he’s then stuffed
Last Saturday a Gendarmerie told me there is no derogation in place so you move - you’re nicked ! And I don’t suppose it would be cheap and the firm wouldn’t pay up .

OwenMoney:
He loaded at 11.15 so left Donges about 12.30 and got as far as Rennes .Got blocked and then 22.00 hour ban kicked in and he’s then stuffed
Last Saturday a Gendarmerie told me there is no derogation in place so you move - you’re nicked ! And I don’t suppose it would be cheap and the firm wouldn’t pay up .

Of course 22.00 Saturday, didn’t think. Had my fridge drivers head in place, doesn’t affect us does it ?

The office haven’t learnt from last weekend.
Ridiculous to load and send a hazardous tanker to Lannion late on a Saturday - even with the present problems.

OwenMoney:
The office haven’t learnt from last weekend.
Ridiculous to load and send a hazardous tanker to Lannion late on a Saturday - even with the present problems.

I thought it was noon Saturday for hazardous goods to be off the road and restart 00.01 Monday morning. They haven’t changed that rule have they?

15431660381794089482327902079614.jpg

OwenMoney:

Didn’t know they changed the rules.

Just came from Dieppe to Orleans a blockade is set up in Dieppe at the top of the hill as you come out of the port, manned by drunken yobs no debating with them or reasoning so a cross country trip to join the A28 at Foucarment then another blockade as you leave the industrial area at the end of the A28 bottom side of Rouen. Here the attitude was very different, friendly explained there would be a 10 minute delay they asked for a couple of cigarettes and once received was on my way with no hassle. I sympathise with there protest but that was soon lost when accosted by the drunken idiots in Dieppe will do their cause no good being bladdered whilst trying to stop traffic and little point in setting up a road block if with a little local knowledge you can easily skirt around it, would seem the lessons from the Maginot Line were not taught in Dieppe!

As a user of Dieppe with my car I’m curious as to how the blockades would affect me assuming the individuals involved were sober and sensible.As a general rule I do a hard right on leaving the terminal to avoid the bemused tourists heading out up the hill.In my trucking days I recall the ferry terminal being on the opposite side of the water in Dieppe and the road to Rouen running alongside the water through the town.
As said above I sympathise generally with the aims of the protestors but nobody can debate anything with a drunk.Over the years there have been many similar protests and the generally leave a space wide enough for a car to get through and I have been known to have a reasonable conversation now and again.I’m glad not to be in a truck though.It is difficult to deal with physical needs during long delays.