The French have kicked off

As millitant as ever…

thelocal.fr/20170925/map-he … -in-france

Fuel tankers on the roads today. I didn’t notice any queuing at fuel sattions. One tanker was tipping in an AS24, so was probably working for Total, who run that resource.
There was talk in tje Routiers last week about strikes but no one said they were striking themselves. Mind you that’s not much of a survey, fuel drivers don’t normally night-out.
From what I understood, many drivers and others are unhappy about some aspects of Loi Macron, but kind of accept it’s happening.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

you have to admire the french truck drivers

the brits have never been any good at making a stand in the transport industry, there all to bloody selfishand spineless, they would rather steal your job from you if you dare make a stand than to back you up
all that is on a truckers mind is whos job can i nick to try to get better pay

rather than get organized and work together to get the whole industry a better deal
drivers should form there own union, and in this day and age of tech it should be an easy thing to get in touch with every driver that holds a licence. there is facebook, twitter etc that all drivers could join up to and make a start to get high number all in one place

once there would be high numbers then it would only take some organising by those who are smart enough to produce a simple list of demands from the industry as a whole not individual companys
but the one rule would have to be from all that if action was needed then every driver would adhere to it
they can not sack everyone who takes action and its for that reason alone that uk drivers have never had the powers needed

for example drivers should be on a minimum of at least 15 quid an hour with overtime after 8 hours
night out payments should be an hourly rate fixed fee say 8 hours pay at least
building of more laybys and hard standing grounds in all industral estates would improve things with toilets and bins

the list is endless of things to make a drivers life that much better and well rewarded and it would attract

one more point i would love to see a lower rate paid for eu drivers as its not fair they can come here and earn upto 4 or 5 times what they would earn back home
if uk drivers could move to another country and earn 4 or 5 times what they earn now just imagine how well off you would be
yet uk drivers dont have that option but the eu buggers do and its totally unfair

but anyway this is the sort of thing that the drivers themselves should sort out and work together to make it happen
but they wont all they will do is moan like women about how crap it is and live in a dream world were one day they will find a well paid job that treats them right and its easy money

well done to the french i hope it puts our own lot to shame and rightly so

desypete:
for example drivers should be on a minimum of at least 15 quid an hour with overtime after 8 hours

It’s a brave man who comes on here and says that. I guarantee within 1 hour you’ll have 10 posts telling you that we’re absolutely worthless, unskilled, and undeserving of anything more than £8. There was some muppet on here a few years ago who said he’d work for £4 per hour driving artics, rather than go on the dole.

And regarding starting a union, why don’t you get the ball rolling on Facebook? Spread the word here, write to truck magazines, put notices around your workplace, etc.

desypete:
you have to admire the french truck drivers

the brits have never been any good at making a stand in the transport industry, there all to bloody selfishand spineless, they would rather steal your job from you if you dare make a stand than to back you up
all that is on a truckers mind is whos job can i nick to try to get better pay

rather than get organized and work together to get the whole industry a better deal
drivers should form there own union, and in this day and age of tech it should be an easy thing to get in touch with every driver that holds a licence. there is facebook, twitter etc that all drivers could join up to and make a start to get high number all in one place

once there would be high numbers then it would only take some organising by those who are smart enough to produce a simple list of demands from the industry as a whole not individual companys
but the one rule would have to be from all that if action was needed then every driver would adhere to it
they can not sack everyone who takes action and its for that reason alone that uk drivers have never had the powers needed

building of more laybys and hard standing grounds in all industral estates would improve things with toilets and bins

the list is endless of things to make a drivers life that much better and well rewarded and it would attract

one more point i would love to see a lower rate paid for eu drivers as its not fair they can come here and earn upto 4 or 5 times what they would earn back home
if uk drivers could move to another country and earn 4 or 5 times what they earn now just imagine how well off you would be
yet uk drivers dont have that option but the eu buggers do and its totally unfair

but anyway this is the sort of thing that the drivers themselves should sort out and work together to make it happen
but they wont all they will do is moan like women about how crap it is and live in a dream world were one day they will find a well paid job that treats them right and its easy money

well done to the french i hope it puts our own lot to shame and rightly so

if a union was started purely for truck drivers I would 100% be up for that

I bet the fuel stations on the autoroutes don’t run out of fuel. Eye watering expensive doesn’t even come into it.

Good on them. Go slows will cause chaos.

Shame our lot don’t have any bottle to do it. We used to mock the French for their yellow streak, seems like we have become even more yellow sadly :frowning:

Why can’t we start copying them? I personally would absolutely relish an opportunity for 2 wagons in lanes 1 & 2 to bimble along the M6 at 40 mph. It would soon start clogging it up for miles :bulb: Same on all the other motorways.

A few days of chaos on the motorways and a few days of the tanker lads blocking Stanlow etc would soon have ministers taking notice of us…

Good on them, the majority of UK drivers are too afraid of upsetting the apple cart to be anything like these warriors. Solidarity is not something UK drivers know, main reason your average driver is on £1 above minimum wage and some are working for the minimum wage. If the minimum wage was not law, we would no doubt see drivers on a lot less than what they are on now. I would put my name down as the president of a drivers union as I cannot believe how we simply accept that this is how it is.

As long as people can afford to bulk buy petrol, and panic buy evian bottled water, the government is save…

Doesn’t even need to be that big either.
Remember the original fuel protests in 2000 when a handful of hauliers and farmers brought the country to it’s knees. Trouble was, they inadvertantly started something so big they bottled it, but imagine if they had of kept it up and how things would have changed.

Subsiquent attempts failed because the industry learnt from it mistakes and how to protect itself. But there could be other ways, ever noticed how much food is imported into the UK?

Having myself been caught up in French strikes (truckers, farmers, fishermen) over the years, the one thing I will give them is THEY STICK TOGETHER.

The concept of divide and rule has been keeping the elite in power for centuries. This is a strategy that breaks up existing power structures, and especially prevents smaller power groups from linking up, causing rivalries and fomenting discord among the people.

Sound familiar■■?

To my eternal shame when I was young I used to take The Sun newspaper :blush: so consequently my view of the French (and many other things!) was wildly skewed and I had nothing but contempt for the French. That changed firstly with a few motorcycle holidays there, followed by driving professionally there too.

Subsequently I now have the utmost admiration for the French from the way that their attitude is that life is for living and work is merely a means to an end, right up to the fact that they steadfastly refuse to accept the crap that we seem to embrace. I admire their solidarity and how they recognise that actions that benefit them also benefit everyone as a collective.

Vive La France.

What is this one set of TN rules for the French and another for British who make a stand to better their lot?

What happened to all the posters on this very site who called the Hoyer lads all the names under the sun a couple of years ago because they dared to strike for better terms and conditions, with literally a handful of us who believe unions are needed by the working class defending them :unamused: , my argument being the politics of envy is why the working class are still at rock bottom, you side and support those making the lead, not attempt to bring everyone down the lowest level…though the similarities with the dumbing down of the job in many respects are there to see.

One Hoyer driver came on and posted a pic of his wage slip, the bottom line of which looked pretty good, until he explained the hours involved and the shift pattern for those hours, i wouldn’t have done it for the money.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

ne more point i would love to see a lower rate paid for eu drivers as its not fair they can come here and earn upto 4 or 5 times what they would earn back home

DesyPete, you should occasionally stop for breath.
I bet British employers will love the concept of paying EU workers less than British workers.
And it would be ok for British workers to go abroad, to earn more, but not the other way around. So how did that work in the Eighties, when British construction workers were raking it in in Germany, living in containers (ring a bell?).

the nodding donkey:

ne more point i would love to see a lower rate paid for eu drivers as its not fair they can come here and earn upto 4 or 5 times what they would earn back home

DesyPete, you should occasionally stop for breath.
I bet British employers will love the concept of paying EU workers less than British workers.
And it would be ok for British workers to go abroad, to earn more, but not the other way around. So how did that work in the Eighties, when British construction workers were raking it in in Germany, living in containers (ring a bell?).

Ah, but we didn’t stay permanently in Germany did we ? also we didn’t claim in work benefits or free healthcare or child benefits for our kids back home, we also didn’t flood the country, we had the skills needed and had jobs to go to. it may bare similarities but is very different

Back on topic- for the moment at least - it seems there were some protests at the beginning of the week, but none since, and none rumoured for next week. Could all change of course, but it looks all quiet.

Franglais:
Back on topic- for the moment at least - it seems there were some protests at the beginning of the week, but none since, and none rumoured for next week. Could all change of course, but it looks all quiet.

Part of the reason for 1480 litre fuel tank…no have to buy Frenchy diesel… :smiley:

AndrewG:

Franglais:

Part of the reason for 1480 litre fuel tank…no have to buy Frenchy diesel… :smiley:

Some of us think Fr diesel is cheap. The exchange rate has equaled things out a lot recently though.

AndieHyde:
Doesn’t even need to be that big either.
Remember the original fuel protests in 2000 when a handful of hauliers and farmers brought the country to it’s knees. Trouble was, they inadvertantly started something so big they bottled it, but imagine if they had of kept it up and how things would have changed.

Subsiquent attempts failed because the industry learnt from it mistakes and how to protect itself. But there could be other ways, ever noticed how much food is imported into the UK?

Having myself been caught up in French strikes (truckers, farmers, fishermen) over the years, the one thing I will give them is THEY STICK TOGETHER.

The concept of divide and rule has been keeping the elite in power for centuries. This is a strategy that breaks up existing power structures, and especially prevents smaller power groups from linking up, causing rivalries and fomenting discord among the people.

Sound familiar■■?

Yep divide and rule is the default modus for the Cabal,they have us on-class,religion,gender,politics etc,am i alone in thinking Brexit is much the same deal?..Another Hegellian trap i’d venture.

Call me a perv but I found the story about the female flasher more intresting :blush:

Conor:
I bet the fuel stations on the autoroutes don’t run out of fuel. Eye watering expensive doesn’t even come into it.

Actually Conor, quite a few did