France Diesel

As a “heads up”, there has been a series of industrials actions in France this week. (National protests about changes to employment and pension rules). More are likely over the next few weeks. There is a localised shortage of fuel in some areas. Whether its due to strikes, pickets or panic buying/hoarding isnt totally clear, but be aware of possible shortages.

I’ll watch this space as I’m off there next month and would need to fill up somewhere along the line.

I believe that the next round of strikes are set for the 26th on other sites it has been posted about diesel shortages with northern France worse affected, Lille being particularly bad with a limit of 30 euros in some places and people queueing to get fuel

An update on the fuel just came up from Auxerre to Dieppe fair sized queues at all the service stations around Paris queueing for fuel some of the queues were out onto the hardshoulder

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36366912

Paris yesterday was manic queue’s at the garages that where open you are limited to 30euros worth of fuel maybe different for trucks.

Parked up at Aire de St Ledger on the A1 there is diesel on the lorry pumps but none for the cars don’t know if there is a limit or not.

If it goes on for much longer, the friendly Douane will be resurrecting the 200 litre limit on trucks entering France at Calais, then the little man will be back, hopping up onto your cab steps and collecting 10 Euros per non French truck to turn a blind eye!
Vive les Francais! :laughing:

We have a van over there now at Toulouse. He had to be guided to available fuel by the boss, who gets updated by our fuel supplier on an hourly basis. I have to go to Barcelona on Weds, so I’ll be in the same boat. Would be easier if I got the ferry straight to Bilbao…But boss knows best!

One of Ray Whites got his tank drilled and emptied in France last night. (Info from facebook)

Pix now added

That’s surely the fridge tank so would be red, not that that will stop some.
I’m currently on holiday in France, have my own home here, and locally the hyper u is restricting to 40 litres per vehicle but hgv pumps are shut.

Driver-Once-More:
One of Ray Whites got his tank drilled and emptied in France last night. (Info from facebook)

Pix now added

That’s the fridge tank

It is steadily getting better now, tried to fill up at an AS24 in Vitré two Fridays ago and all pumps out, same again start of last week at the AS24 near Amiens, middle of the week AS24 Lens , fuel available but long queues and a limit of 300 litres. By Friday a much better situation, smaller queues and the limit removed. I noticed also in my travels around France that the smaller town filling stations are now reopening, without queues I must add, and the larger stations (supermarkets etc) have no queues now.
Where I live two weeks ago the local Leclerc had fuel but they weren’t allowing the use of petrol cans and only 20 litres , today same station, no limits, filled up the car with diesel along with a petrol can for the lawn mower. The only thing that I did notice…
Diesel has gone up from 1.06 to 1.17 :imp:

Ill be keeping my tank up to a "get up to the boat" level all the time, hopefully. But a bit uncertain where the ferries will/wont be running from. With crossed fingers, touching wood, and praying to a variety of gods Im sure itll all be OK.

bigvern1:
We have a van over there now at Toulouse. He had to be guided to available fuel by the boss, who gets updated by our fuel supplier on an hourly basis. I have to go to Barcelona on Weds, so I’ll be in the same boat. Would be easier if I got the ferry straight to Bilbao…But boss knows best!

Keep us updated bigvern as I’m shipping out for barcalona myslf on Tues to arive in Barcelona for Thurs thanks in advance.

EASTKENT:

bigvern1:

Keep us updated bigvern as I’m shipping out for barcalona myslf on Tues to arive in Barcelona for Thurs thanks in advance.

You update me…I’m going behind you! LOL.

bigvern1:

EASTKENT:

bigvern1:

You update me…I’m going behind you! LOL.

oops so you are lol

Headed out out Thursday, filled up at Urvilliers no problem (AS24), filled up at Bonneville no problem (AS24). Tipped Milan, filled up at Les Houches no problem (Eurotoraffic Total), filled up at Troyes no problem (Eurotraffic Total). Simples :smiley: :smiley:

I looked at the AS24 update site. I only need 2 fuel stops in France and they’re both OK. I’ll be sound as a pound! :sunglasses:

Alls good no problem