ALL OUT STRIKE.

Its about time. 5 DAYS IS ALL IT NEEDS TO BRING THIS COUNTRY TO ITS KNEES

nationaltruckweek.co.uk/life_without_lorries.pdf

5 days people. Thats all it takes to completely screw up this country if
we decided to repeat the strike of 1979. Rail drivers get £30k a year. Why? because they have the GUTS to go out on strike and stay there until they get what they want.

Day 1. All movements of lorries over 3.5t stops at 12.am

Most mail services and parcel deliveries stop.
No newspapers.
Manufacturers operating on just in time basis suspend operations.
No supplies of fresh produce in grocery outles.

Day 2

Supermarket stocks of many perishable/short shelf life product run out
including milk, bread and eggs.
Farmers start dumping milk on farms.
Shortage of cash at ATM machines.
Construction work on most building sites cease.
Growth in farmers markets!!

Day 3

Most petrol stations run out of fuel.
Around 15% of cars without fuel.
Supermarket stocks of fast moving groery lines exhausted.
Fast food outlets close.
Widespread layoffs from manufacturing sector.
Busier pubs run out of beer.
Slaughter of poultry on farms.

Day 4

Petrol stations run dry.
Most of the manufacturing sector shut down.
Most non-electrified rail services suspended.
Serious cash shortages.
Bus companies reduce off peak/rural services.
Gas and Water utilities disrupted by lack of fuel and spare parts.
Congestion at ports stops offloading of vessels.

Day 5

Half of all cars without fuel.
Large proportion of UK workforce laid off or unable to get to work.
Retail stocks of most grocery products exhausted.
Almost all manufacturing closed down.
Severe disruption of the Health Service.
Serious problems from the accumulation of waste.
Range of non food products in shops substantially depleted.

I’d vote yes but to be honest its just never gonna happen with such a vast industry that is spread far and wide without supporting each it would be immpossible to administer

simon

SimonRS2K:
I’d vote yes but to be honest its just never gonna happen with such a vast industry that is spread far and wide without supporting each it would be immpossible to administer

simon

Ditto.

Busier pubs run out of beer
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
ARRRRRRRRGRGGGHHHH NO NEVER :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Theres no doubt 5 days of a solid strike would do it Conor, weve known it for yonks really, but I reckon youve got more chance of boning the pope than it actually happening! Yes vote, (in fact I’m allready out!) :laughing: :laughing:

So come on who voted no :question:

scab scab scab scab :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

I would love to see it happen, but in reality it never will, shame though as it would be fun to see Blair and his monkeys undergo one major panic attack.

It’ll never happen. :confused:

Day 6 - Willi Betz sends 600 trucks with polish drivers over. :wink:

SimonRS2K:

simon

It happened in 1977 and we won, so whats to stop it happening again :question:

Actually … it took 10 days but we did it. :exclamation:

Pat Hasler:

SimonRS2K:

simon

Things are diferent nowadays pat its a very selfish world it just wouldnt get the support required, also people have got zero faith in the unions (the only thing they are good for is free legal help and paying your speeding fines)

simon

Mal:
Theres no doubt 5 days of a solid strike would do it Conor, weve known it for yonks really, but I reckon youve got more chance of boning the pope than it actually happening! Yes vote, (in fact I’m allready out!) :laughing: :laughing:

ditto that mal…

yes i.d support it ,help run it, do anything i could to make it work.(as ive said numerous times ).
but the simple truth of the matter is IT WILL NEVER WORK. never would you get the countries WHOLE backing NEVER.
put it down to people not being able to see past the own noses, put it down to too many chickens, put it down to the ive got a mortgage brigade,(to which u cannot really blame).
put it down to what you,s like it wont work…

shame really cos we all know them 5 days is all it would proberly take… :wink:

How about this for an idea. We all start leaking the idea to the press, we pick a ficticious date and then one by one we all start “leaking” this highly secret information to the tabloid press. They would do the rest for us. We would not actually need the strike, the hype the press would make would see total chaos ensued.

If we leaked the report to them first then enough of us “rang” them with the info about a “preposed” national strike on ■■ date then they would take it more seriously as it would come from a number of different sources.

Just an idea :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

SimonRS2K:

Pat Hasler:

SimonRS2K:

simon

Things are diferent nowadays pat its a very selfish world it just wouldnt get the support required, also people have got zero faith in the unions (the only thing they are good for is free legal help and paying your speeding fines)

simon

here we go again slaggin unions.A union is as strong as the members want it to be.which could explain why as a body we dont strike.

Ive been saying it for years..one union and one union for transport workers only..run by drivers for drivers..and including setting the rates for the job which in turn increases the wage and profit margin..then you will have some clout..one voice to say ..ok lads..no work tomorrow until we get a decent wage and decent conditions....but it will never happen...for a start hauliers are under enormous pressure to make a profit let alone maintain them..they cannot afford to stand them down..supermarket drivers are already on £30 grand a year..so food will get to the shops..most fuel companies if employing their own drivers are on £30 grand..so fuel will be delivered..i know of one company that works for news international..and assuming that most work like them..then papers will get delivered..general haulage will suffer..as will agency drivers..the governments priority wil be fuel and food..and their is always the military to take over.and they will..then there are the drivers..you ..me..with bills to pay..mortgages to meet..credit cards..council tax..etc..etc..and as individuals we are on our own when we get the letters of court action..of course the final outcome is ..we are not a united workforce..and never will be..but i for one would like to see it happen..to give the government a kick up the backside..to show them how important we are to everyones survival..as we all know..if youve got it…a truck brought it…i would support any action that enhances our way of life in the transport industry…i rest my case…
have a nice day

smcaul:
How about this for an idea. We all start leaking the idea to the press, we pick a ficticious date and then one by one we all start “leaking” this highly secret information to the tabloid press. They would do the rest for us. We would not actually need the strike, the hype the press would make would see total chaos ensued.

If we leaked the report to them first then enough of us “rang” them with the info about a “preposed” national strike on ■■ date then they would take it more seriously as it would come from a number of different sources.

Just an idea :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

this is an idea! :bulb:

truckyboy:
…for a start hauliers are under enormous pressure to make a profit let alone maintain them…

Are they really? If so then explain how they manage to afford agency drivers? The firm I am at currently even had me in last Monday ON TRIPLE TIME. I was on £18/hr so god only knows what the agency were charging. Several companies I’ve been to have had more agency drivers than employed.

Andyroo:
Day 6 - Willi Betz sends 600 trucks with polish drivers over. :wink:

I voted yes, but that’s about right and they’ll all weekend at Dartford Services - if we do, then the industry u’ll go the way of the pits.

I was on £18/hr so god only knows what the agency were charging

does any body know what agencies charge (just out of intrest and not any bussiness reasons at all,honest) :smiley:

Mez, Agency was charging me £9.25 hr and paying the driver £6.50ph that was about 5 months ago for a 7.5t driver.