Strike Action??

Ive just heard on mk tin pot local radio, of a 2 day strike involving hauliers and farmers Any one else heard any thing?

Check out this link on the BBC web page.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/poli … 472157.stm

Down tools and all out is what I say and while we are at it lets get something done about the 40 mph speed limit on single carriageway roads and speed cameras.
Thats just me though. Millitant to the core.

here here newbie totaly agree with you newbie…

The Biker:
Check out this link on the BBC web page.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/poli … 472157.stm

Why use the BBC web page when we reported it before them?

here
insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=361

indeed they were talk of unrest a few days ago

here
insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=356

If anyone see’s any news stories regarding transport in the newspapers please PM me with the name of the newspaper, I will do my best to post it on the Insider

Cheers

Newbie:
Down tools and all out is what I say and while we are at it lets get something done about the 40 mph speed limit on single carriageway roads and speed cameras.

I think one of the best things for a 40mph protest would be for every truck to do 40 for a week, this would bring the country to a very slow pace on EVERY road in Britain only then would people realise there is a problem.

Another way we could grind the country to a halt is to sit behind the 1st Tesco truck we spot. Better than any go slow this.
Sorry, only joking. Or am I.

jammymutt:

Newbie:

I think one of the best things for a 40mph protest would be for every truck to do 40 for a week, this would bring the country to a very slow pace on EVERY road in Britain only then would people realise there is a problem.

amen to all of the above. i did my bit yesterday. i even had trucks stuck behind me between Salisbury and Southampton as i got up to forty and sat with my feet up. i let the cruise control do its job :smiley:

I say about bloody time, also why not block the RDCs too, many of these places have their own fuel storage facilities. Typical of a farmer to become an MP and then say he doesnt support blockades. Why we got into bed with the farmers is beyond me, they get cheap red diesel anyway. I dont trust them.

I hate generalising, but the ones I know, which in truth isn’t that many but

Farmers are only interested in what they can get for themselves.

I wouldn’t trust one as far, as I could chuck one of their biggest cows over their farmhouse roof.

the 40 mph speed limit isnt a problem for me , sometimes doing 40 mph on a single carriageway is too fast for some roads for me … full load of beer kegs behind you sloshing around :confused: .
albeit some roads could have the limit raised , not all could or should …

and as for fuel … about time really it seems to go up a penny everyday

TC:
I hate generalising, .

so don’t then :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:
got up to forty and sat with my feet up. i let the cruise control do its job :smiley:

Metaphorically speaking of course!!■■!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

there’s a meeting in stirling tonight with regards to blocking fuel depots again. :wink:

The trouble is, we TALK a good strike.

Let’s face it, it needs doing but it’s never going to happen. If 50% of the country’s drivers went on strike, the other 50% would be there to make a killing from it. How many hauliers are going to allow it? The minute they threaten to sack drivers that will be the end of it. Most drivers I know aren’t in any sort of union, so have no back up.

That’s the other problem, if 99% of us were in a union and they decided to strike, it would work. But we are not. It will rely on sites like this to spread the word, and that’s not enough.

marcustandy:

scanny77:
got up to forty and sat with my feet up. i let the cruise control do its job :smiley:

Metaphorically speaking of course!!■■!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

of course. my feet were on the floor the whole time only a few inches from the brake pedal ready to pounce should it become necessary :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A date of 3 May has been quoted.

Whats the point in leaving it that late ,The time to arrange the protests is now.

If we protest now we stand a chance of one of the parties making an election pledge to bring in an essential user rebate (and possibly the others will follow) but leaving it 'til 2 days before the election leaves no time for a reaction from the parties.

Maybe if we had a one week protest now with plenty of warning for the general public (so as not to alienate them) with a promise to hold a 2 week protest over the general election period with more one week protests to follow until we get a satisfactory reply would work better.

In this format the general public will know in advance how long the protest would last and it would show that we are not interested in brining the country to it’s knees just in trying to earn a half decent living.

If we made the strikes last 1 or 2 weeks it would still send the message but would not give the scavengers of our industry (and they know who they are) a chance to steal our work.

Oh dont forget big brother is watching you

shyfx003:
Ive just heard on mk tin pot local radio, of a 2 day strike involving hauliers and farmers Any one else heard any thing?

No way will i support any action that involves,over subsidised,over payed farmers.If we didnt have to pay out so much money from our taxes,to farmers then perhaps the fuel duty could be lowered.

The problem is with the airlines, they don’t pay a penny tax on aviation fuel and do more polluting on one long haul flight than a truck probably does in a year.

peter cherry:
No way will i support any action that involves,over subsidised,over payed farmers.

The same farmers who don’t care about leaving a huge trail of ■■■■ all over the road whenever they pull out of a field? They should be made to clean it up after them. Imagine being a motorcyclist and coming round a bend to be greeted by that.