It,s about time

just wonderin how would we go about makin ourselfs as drivers be noticed and vauled take the fuel strike,s we was then but as genraul haulage what u do :open_mouth:

Just look up ā€˜strikeā€™ in the search box and youā€™ll see how far the discussions get.

Basically, forget it.

Sorry - but Iā€™ve got to say it againā€¦

Truck drivers in this country are spineless.

spineless = too poor to strike

ianyng:
Sorry - but Iā€™ve got to say it againā€¦

Truck drivers in this country are spineless.

Not just truck drivers. Britain is a nation of 60odd million individuals who find it impossible to unite behind practically anything for more than five minutes before 50 different factions break away from the common cause and make any effort to achive anything just fall to bits. I expect this happens in most countries, but the British do seem to be very high on the scoreboard of the most un-united people on earth where the word ā€˜MEā€™ is always more important than ā€˜WEā€™ which ofcourse means that all the little ā€˜MEā€™sā€™ get picked off one by one without any fuss.

The only way weā€™re gonna get anywhere is to blockade the ports - stop the ruddy foreigners nicking all our work, and blockade the oil sites, or just strike.

If no action is taken, we can wave bye-bye to UK haulage.

First to go will be continental outfits - mine included.
UK small hauliers next, followed by the bigger boys.

Before long, all the people who work in the goods-in section of UK industry will have to learn Polish, Romanian, Hungarian etc etcā€¦

The French have got the balls to take action - and as much as I hate to say it, they have my full admiration.

UK hauliers and UK drivers are spineless yellow-bellies.

RHA and FTA are in the governments pocket.

Unions are useless.

UK haulage - R.I.P.

I think you will htat you have to speak POLISH ,HUNGARIAN ROMAINIAN JUST TO SPEAK TO THE GOODS IN STAFF :imp: :imp:
that,s surtanly what i have found both at factorys when collecting and R D C,S
delivering :imp:

good exsample is where i work in the work shop there is a lot of poles and other eastern european workers and my mate got a job in there and he has had nothing but a hard time coz they are moaning about that he has taken there job`s now if iam not mistaken i thought i was living in britain not poland :imp: and that makes me mad i tell you all so much so iam seriously thinking of moving abroad dont realy mind where just not hear . , other than that it has been a good day later all :smiley:

GOT IT IN ONE BLADE!

TALK ABOUT THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!!! :imp:
what right have these peaple got to give your mate a hard time :exclamation:
when they are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING :exclamation:
but we carn,t go on about it to much, after all we wouldn,t want to be callrd RACIST or BIAST would we :exclamation: :imp:

Oh give it a rest, for [zb] sake. If you want to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about Eastern Europeanā€™s ā€œstealingā€ all our jobs :unamused: , other religions :unamused: and ethnic origins :unamused: then go and do it on this site where thatā€™s what they do. :unamused:

Why are you ((THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE COMPLAINING) being
so small minded, which ever form of buiseness you are involved in the
word PROFIT is what ever one is aiming for, If the persons who are working are entiteled to live and work then what do you wish to do
WEITHER we like it or not ALL yes ALL persons (THIS MEANS YOU AS WELL) can work any where in the EU; SO THERE

YES ,if one is working away from home in a different country then YES
one should be able to comunicate in the language of the country that one is working in,why because you need to know what is the correct way to work or the H&S rules are not being observed properly .and without this knowledge the person who is being employed is a huge risk to themselves and those he-she works with,

also as long as the firms employing these fellow EU citizens are following the employment rules and laws ,we have no grounds to complain

What really gets me is that, these blokes have absolutely no chance of learning our language because everybody ignores them and refuse to help or speak to them.

I was in Frans Maas on Friday and the goods in bloke left me standing there for 20 minutes before he acknowledged me,

when I spoke he said, sorry mate I thought you were French :open_mouth: In England people are just very ignorant and frightened of change & things they do not understand

Youā€™re right Malc, and whatever people say about the French, and some say a lot, with one notable exception they never treated me that way.

My first day on the job, riddled with the usual nervouseness, I went to load at a factory unaware that I was late (not my fault) and the mumbled explanations went over my head and because I asked for them to be repeated slowly, this snotty woman shook her head rolled her eyes heavenwards and walked away muttering something along the lines of ā€˜coming over here not even speaking the languageā€™.

Nothing makes you feel worse and undermines your confidence, but, I survived and never faced the same ignorance again. Most people were helpful and, far from being critical, were interested to know why I had chosen to live and work here and how things were done in England.

So a bit of tolerance and understanding wouldnā€™t come amiss.

Salut, David.