Let's not turn in to work tomorow and the day after

If every british lorry driver did this, this country will be on it’s kness with in a couple of days …do you really know how powerfull it is being a lorry driver…thoughts please…

if every shelf stacker didn’t turn up, i think people would notice that as well :laughing: :laughing: do you know how powerful shelf stackers are? :laughing: :laughing:

rearaxle:
If every british lorry driver did this, this country will be on it’s kness with in a couple of days …do you really know how powerfull it is being a lorry driver…thoughts please…

If no-one turned up for a week, it would take around 5 days to bring the country to a halt.

However, your boss would go bust so you’d be out of a job.
He’d have all the defaulted contracts to pay off. Or he’d bring in whatever drivers he could get to cover the work, probably cheaper than you are, so you’d still be out of a job.

Not every lorry does a multi drop to Asda ffs, i’d say it take a day…before panic sets in.

If our tippers didn’t move for a week no one would notice except the drivers in their wage packets and the fact they were all a sudden stood in the job centre.

Our yard, sweepers and plant make times and times more than the lorries ever will.

As others have said not every HGV is on multi drop supermarket work but I do agree in principle that if those delivering essential items such as food fuel etc we’re parked up it would very swiftly make the general public appreciate lorries and their drivers more.

You’ll no more get drivers to strike en-mass than you will get a ■■■■■■■■■ from Kate Middleton and her fit sister

rearaxle:

I refused to work o/t for x amount of time because of o/t rate,it didn’t make a blind bit of difference,the job continued to be done by whoever,same if I didn’t turn up now,someone would be in that seat I’ve no doubt of that

rearaxle:

If every British lorry driver stayed home immigrants would drive the lorries and no one would notice … do you really know how powerful it is being an immigrant ?

rearaxle:

Oh if only it was that easy !

I didn’t turn up to work today, stayed in bed until lunchtime instead. I really felt I’d struck a blow for workers’ rights, until I remembered I work nights.

rearaxle:

Take it easy on the sauce next time yeah, it’s Monday today…:laughing:

I see your point but if I didn’t turn in tommorrow id feel really powerful until my mortgage payment came out on Friday the I’d feel like a ■■■■.

Tipper Tom:
As others have said not every HGV is on multi drop supermarket work but I do agree in principle that if those delivering essential items such as food fuel etc we’re parked up it would very swiftly make the general public appreciate lorries and their drivers more.

Im afraid olde boy, it would probably be the opposite. Think we would be viewed more along the line of money grabbing swines! Look at the fuel tankers proposed strike IIRC last year. How many of the public understood why they were striking? how many of those supported them?
The public, GENERALLY, dont like to sit behind the “massive slow moving truck” thats holding them up.

Personally driving is a simple game. We pass a relatively simple test and thats it. What is a low wage for one person is enough to keep the wolves from the door for another.

however many times this subject comes up [i have said it myself as well]the idea of hgv drivers striking or not working will never happen,drivers in general will not stick together and who can blame us, we all have commitments, financial or otherwise,unions wont see it through on a long term basis either, i agree we need to do something but saying it and actually doing it is another matter,employers seem to have it all their own way nowdays,you cannot win,if we did do any of the above employers would only bring in european drivers to take their wagons out, and they know this,as i say it will never happen

Great idea would and could work because bosses would not have sufficient time to recruit substantial amount of recruits from overseas labour so damage would be very effective to start with.

Sadly I wholeheartedly agree with previous comments on this topic never happen we have got no backbone and we the workforce are very weak and divided only got to look at the debates on here at times.Employers just do as they please in this country employment law heavily in their favour which creates a hire fire culture supported by our ruling political classes.

The biggest losers will be our children grandchildren and future generations what a bleak future they have to look forward a legacy of job opportunities which are temporary and casual labour employed through a agency for a third party company and now even zero hour contracts are becoming more common in the workplace.

Better not forget retirement age will probably have increased further well into the 70s frightening thought

A lot of the hauliers in this country have serious debt,so if any drivers started taking time off to protest would just finish them off, and everyone would be losers. There is very little money in road haulage. Don’t be fooled by the new motors, most of those are leased or on finance.

Pimpdaddy:

rearaxle:

Take it easy on the sauce next time yeah, it’s Monday today…:laughing:

Do you know how close country came to being on its knees in 2000?

weeto:

No idea matey…

Dave the Renegade:
A lot of the hauliers in this country have serious debt,so if any drivers started taking time off to protest would just finish them off, and everyone would be losers. There is very little money in road haulage. Don’t be fooled by the new motors, most of those are leased or on finance.

That’s the reason why any strike action couldn’t be aimed at the employers.
instead of striking against employers, it should be aimed the government on behalf of the the employers.

Pimpdaddy:

weeto:

No idea matey…

It was close enough at 7 days, 2 more days and they would have got what every thing that they wanted!
And we wouldn’t be where we are now!

weeto:

Dave the Renegade:

That’s the reason why any strike action couldn’t be aimed at the employers.
instead of striking against employers, it should be aimed the government on behalf of the the employers.

how would that work?