Police spot check

OK i was stopped by the police this evening at a spot check, I was given a piece of paper and was told by the copper that i needed to keep it as part of my records he also wrote on it that i had been given a verbal warning for my 2 infringements as i had done print outs etc. When i got back to the yard i was called into the office and had to fill out a form. Tm said they had to keep the peice of paper and that i would be getting fines through the office from the police.

which is true

If any fines were due they would have been issued at the roadside, where the verbal warning has been written this is where the fines would have been if there were any. The piece of paper he gave you is for you to keep for the next 28 days not the office, so that if you are stopped again within 28 days they can see that action has been taken against these two infringements, generally if you’re stopped again in the next 28 days and you show this and are in the same unit they will just give a cursory check
You are told of any action that is to be taken against you at the roadside and a verbal warning counts as action taken, seems your office need to do a CPC or two.

ok thanks ill ask for it back

cooper1203:
OK i was stopped by the police this evening at a spot check, I was given a piece of paper and was told by the copper that i needed to keep it as part of my records he also wrote on it that i had been given a verbal warning for my 2 infringements as i had done print outs etc. When i got back to the yard i was called into the office and had to fill out a form. Tm said they had to keep the peice of paper and that i would be getting fines through the office from the police.

which is true

Sorry, are you on a wind up? Everyone knows you keep records for 28 days, yet you freely hand over items to the TM…

Seems you are an inept driver… and need refresher training, no wonder the industry is a joke with drivers like you.

discoman:

cooper1203:

which is true

Sorry, are you on a wind up? Everyone knows you keep records for 28 days, yet you freely hand over items to the TM…

Seems you are an inept driver… and need refresher training, no wonder the industry is a joke with drivers like you.

so glad your perfect maybe you would be able to tell me what the differential of 2x is or may be you could tell me the resulting vector of 1 vector with a magnitude of 10 and bearing of 15 degrees and a second vector of 90 and bearing of 5 degrees or maybe you will just ignore this and claim you added me to your foe list like a 4 yearold

cooper1203:
so glad your perfect maybe you would be able to tell me what the differential of 2x is or may be you could tell me the resulting vector of 1 vector with a magnitude of 10 and bearing of 15 degrees and a second vector of 90 and bearing of 5 degrees or maybe you will just ignore this and claim you added me to your foe list like a 4 yearold

Whilst I did a BEng degree and can do that it’s completely and utterly irrelevant to driving a lorry. Perhaps if you’d bothered to invest as much time in learning what your legal obligations as a lorry driver are as you have to learning maths then you’d maybe be a better driver and not getting infringements or doing things like handing over records you should be keeping on your person for the next 28 days.

Even though I have been in this industry 32 years, I be the first to say I don’t know every rule and regulation in transport so it’s nice to have a site like this to ask. What I am surprised to see is when anyone asks a question there are members who try to make the poster look stupid.

So come on carnt you try and help a fellow member and stop the ■■■■■■■■. Bet i not the only one to think this.

Anyway I would ask the office to photo copy it and you keep the original.

Ffs :open_mouth: … the lad comes on and asks a simple question and out of the 3 answers he gets, one is helpful the other 2 condemn him to death :unamused:

Ok maybe he should know the 28 day thing,.fact is he didnt , who tf cares, ■■
In my own case there is a lot of driver reg b/s out there that I don’t NEED to know, so it is purposely not on my radar, I ain’t interested, as I’m on a purely '‘Need to know’ basis on all that crap, and have no interest nor can be arsed in taking the time to find out…AND guess what?
I get by fine on that basis thanks.

Most of the problem here lies with the usual culprits…ie some inept 2hat in an office. :unamused:
The one who told him the first thing he had to do was ‘‘Fill in a form’’ :unamused: (surprise surprise,) because presumably all this type if form filling, box ticking, and handing out disciplinaries for trivial ■■■■ things is keeping said 2hat in a job. :bulb:

The lad (wrongly) thought said 2hat was actually competent :open_mouth: ,.and took him at his word and at face value…
So any venom spouted by the rest on here should maybe have been aimed at Mr Smartarse in the office, the only thing the driver done wrong was to listen to him and do as he was told.

No wonder some new drivers are reluctant to come on here asking questions and advice, if experienced drivers are throwing back stuff like this on a forum for a SIMPLE (ok yeh he should have known after saying that, but ffs man :unamused: ) MISTAKE. :bulb:

@o/p listen to what Mazzer told you and disregard the rest who maybe know everything and are lucky abd knowledgeable enough on everything, never to have to ask advice.
Don’t let this put you off asking other drivers for advice, it is how I and the rest of us got to know the job. :bulb:

Here, here, elsa and Robroy. I don’t know why there is so much animosity on this forum. :frowning:

When I got tugged by the old bill, that asked had I any infringements. When I produced my printout, correctly endorsed of a manual entry I had input incorrectly, 28 days ago. They also gave me a verbal warning. I thought that was a bit off, because I’d made an administrative error but followed the correct procedure to account for it. They did tell me to keep the record for 28 days though and if the TM needed to, he could take a photocopy of it until I could hand over the original.
When I talked to the TM he wasn’t happy because they all get reported to the traffic commissioner, and the company I was at had a chequered history with said body.

Star down under.:
Here, here, elsa and Robroy. I don’t know why there is so much animosity on this forum. :frowning:

It’s pathetic but just shows the average attitude of a driver these days unfortunately :imp:

cooper1203:

discoman:

cooper1203:

which is true

Not ignored you at all, my fame to claim is an associate degree in a different field… are you a refrigerator tech in your spare time… IF you can’t even phantom the basics for truck driving it’s not the industry for you … I am not perfect at all, it smart enough to know to keep tacho records … and not hand them over … also, going over time and having. Dings … I think you are a troll sorry.

I was given a piece of paper and was told by the copper that i needed to keep it as part of my records

The rest of this thread is as irrelevant as Vector and Algebra in a brothel.

I agree with Robroy, I too have been in this industry driving for a long time, in my case since the early 70s, and there are many bits of the rules I don’t know or even have the slightest interest in knowing, because they are irrelevant to me. We don’t see those who enquire about ferry mode ( I couldn’t give flying about it ) mocked nor do we those who enquire about legal shift rota working over a period of weeks (never have, never will). I know how to operate the essential controls of the vehicle(s) I expect to be asked to drive, but what I didn’t know until SHOWN, was how to turn the lights on in a new Actross, until yesterday. By tomorrow I shall have forgotten because the likelyhood of me driving one this year is remote. I haven’t sat in the latest Volvo, Scania, Renault, or Daf and probably some make which has escaped my memory. If I have to drive one of these I shall ask.

LazyDriver:
When I got tugged by the old bill, that asked had I any infringements. When I produced my printout, correctly endorsed of a manual entry I had input incorrectly, 28 days ago. They also gave me a verbal warning. I thought that was a bit off, because I’d made an administrative error but followed the correct procedure to account for it. They did tell me to keep the record for 28 days though and if the TM needed to, he could take a photocopy of it until I could hand over the original.
When I talked to the TM he wasn’t happy because they all get reported to the traffic commissioner, and the company I was at had a chequered history with said body.

I’m with you and your TM on this - as I see it no offence has been committed for which a VW needed to be given.

It would be a different story if you’d ignored the erroneous entry or tried to cover up an actual Rest/driving/working time offence though.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

whether we see there had been an infringement or not, the fact the OP got it closed off as such by way of a VW, cleans the slate as such. If the TM / compliance back at the office wanted to look at where or if there really was an infringement, they could always make a note to that effect and again it gets it closed off. Far nicer than it being picked up repeatedly by other police / DVSA/TM etc.
As for the TM keeping the original, agree with the above. Let the TM keep a copy but let the driver hold onto the original.

Star down under.:

Because its easy to act like a bellend online…

Genuinely asking - are there no mods on this forum to crack down on the hostile posts?

Mazzie:
Genuinely asking - are there no mods on this forum to crack down on the hostile posts?

Judging by a couple of recent threads on here that have been left to go wild i would say no

Mazzie:

Hmmm not sure I’d go that far.
I don’t think any forum rules have been broken afaik.
Apart from that, we’re supposed to be hard assed truckers :smiley: ,
If you can’t take a bit of stick, you probably shouldn’t be either on the forum nor in the job tbh.
Best not to take the forum so seriously, it ain’t real life.

There are some snowflakes on here with …‘‘foe lists’’, :unamused: and those who even request posts taken down and removed when things don’t go their way.ffs :unamused: :laughing:
Best just to laugh at it and take it on the chin I reckon than take it THAT seriously.