Went over my hours

Today I accidentally went over my hours by 3 minutes because i was stuck behind a tractor and all the lay-bys was full up should I do a print out or just leave it as it’s only 3 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a print out, cover your ■■■.

Radar19:
Do a print out, cover your ■■■.

+1

Ok thanks and just keep for 28 days?

I posted something similar the other week mate - mine was 5 minutes for the same reason. Advice I got on here was do a print out and write on the back explaining what happened, print your name and sign it (I also put on my driving licence number). Then keep it with you for the 28 days. I have a plastic sleeve in the back of my notebook so tend to keep printouts in there.

deleted

James96:
Ok thanks and just keep for 28 days?

Yep, now you’re a “Professional” driver. If something goes wrong, you’re always to blame.

Do 2…One for you and one for the office…Well thats what i do anyway…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

May be it’s just me but for three minutes I wouldn’t bother doing anything.

knight2:

You are quite right there mate as the chances of getting pulled in in the next month are pretty slim and even if he did he’d very probably get away with it. Here comes the “but” part; enforcement officials like to flex their muscles and patronise people so if the op gets a tug and has no print out he can expect to stand in the naughty corner and be patronised for a few minutes. If however, he gets tugged and has done a printout he has demonstrated that he was aware of the problem and cared enough to do a printout to explain his actions.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Best do 10, one for you, one for traffic office, one for the “de-brief clerk” :unamused: , one for the girl at reception, one for the bloke that runs the butty van on the estate etc etc…continued on p94

GOG47:
Best do 10, one for you, one for traffic office, one for the “de-brief clerk” :unamused: , one for the girl at reception, one for the bloke that runs the butty van on the estate etc etc…continued on p94

Company I worked for earlier in the week, I’d deffo give the Reception lassy one.

the maoster:

knight2:

You are quite right there mate as the chances of getting pulled in in the next month are pretty slim and even if he did he’d very probably get away with it. Here comes the “but” part; enforcement officials like to flex their muscles and patronise people so if the op gets a tug and has no print out he can expect to stand in the naughty corner and be patronised for a few minutes. If however, he gets tugged and has done a printout he has demonstrated that he was aware of the problem and cared enough to do a printout to explain his actions.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Pretty much my take on it too.
Cover your back side with a print out but dont lose any sleep.
DVSA wont bat an eye lid at it after a brief explanation. If you done it every other day it would be different.

James96:
Today I accidentally went over my hours by 3 minutes because i was stuck behind a tractor and all the lay-bys was full up should I do a print out or just leave it as it’s only 3 minutes

What has the job become ?

Not having a pop at you James. :wink:

It’s ******* pathetic that it’s come to this and having to do this and that because you went 3 minutes over your hours. :unamused:

I got pulled by VOSA couple of years ago and as I handed over my card I apologised that there will be at least 2 infringements on there for going over my time by a few mins. He didnt bat an eyelid and just said “■■■■ happens”!!!
After downloading onto his laptop he returned the card and said “all is good, away you go drive!”
I have never bothered doing a printout for less than 5 mins over, a waste of paper.

I have never done a print out for a few minutes over my drive times, even the 10:01 I did a couple of months back, the scandal ha.

I have been pulled over 3 times and had my card downloaded after I turned the lorry over, not once have I had any grief over a few minutes. Obviously it’s because I pass the attitude test at the road side.

Ramon123:

James96:

What has the job become ?

Not having a pop at you James. :wink:

It’s ******* pathetic that it’s come to this and having to do this and that because you went 3 minutes over your hours. :unamused:

^
This
VOSA/DVSA do not own you or run your life. I really wouldnt bother with it, its 3 minutes.
Lost count of the number of times ive run over time but have never ever had a problem and never do print outs for this kind of little misdemeanor, its really not worth worrying over…

I never used to bother but the place I’m at now want a printout and explanation even if you’re 1 minute over. And as we all know 1 minute shown on a tacho can actually be literally 2 or 3 seconds sometimes.
I really don’t know why everyone worries so much about a few minutes these days, before digital tachos I had a couple of times when I got pulled for a check and had 4hrs45-4hrs50 straight driving time and they never batted an eyelid.
Must admit I did leave my card in when my lorry went in for it’s service last Monday though. Didn’t realise until I went to pick it up Tuesday morning. Card had been in for 24 hours with no breaks recorded. Just done a printout and cracked on.

Cutting it a bit fine if getting held up by a tractor puts you over, or were you behind it all along the 38.

peterm:
Cutting it a bit fine if getting held up by a tractor puts you over, or were you behind it all along the 38.

To be fair, he did say he was looking and lay-bys were full.