Went over my hours

As stated 2 printouts one for you one for company, keep forever just to be on the safe side :wink: write explanation on back. It won’t count as an unforeseen event but better than nothing and also may offer some protection if your company is ever very naughty and audited by DVSA.

Sounds a lot just for 3 minutes but hey hoo that’s the world we live in.

Dvsa will give you 15 minutes so long as you’re not making regular use of this 15 mins!

But how long does it take to do a printout, 30 secs, a minute at the most, on the unlikely event you get pulled, you’ll wish you’ll have done one, I’m never in that much of a rush i can’t spare 1 min! It shows willing and the right attitude and you never know, if they find something else, it could be the little things along with your attitude that swing it in your favour.

I’m not scared of dvsa or think they run / rule my life and i don’t think the odd printout is going to cause too many issues for the polar bears, but i don’t see why you’d leave yourself open for the sake of 1 minute max! All about the risk : reward ratio. The reward is saving 1 minute, like i said, I’m never in that much of a rush!

The time hasn’t got any thing to do with it. I think the last time I went over my time was over a year ago so no body is even going to mention three minutes.
Reading this post has made think and smile, when I started driving HGV’s twelve years ago I knew it all, all the rules and reg’s, I even carried and used a stopwatch to make sure I was within the allotted time. Now I admit to being more than little care free, which makes life a lot less stress full. What’s the worst they can do for a few minutes over your time, as long as you don’t make a habit of it.
I have to say the very few dealings I’ve had with VOSA they have been pleasant and reasonable.

As said above, two print outs.

Your company should pick the infringement up and get you to sign for it in due course, so having that extra print out all signed so they pin it to the infringement records will keep you sweet at work, what they don’t like is if you haven’t realised and ignored it.
There’s no carefree where i am, the company come down hard on infringements, understandable wanting to keep that squeaky clean green light.
Also as said, unless you make a habit of it you’ll be fine at a check point.

James96:
Today I accidentally went over my hours by 3 minutes because i was stuck behind a tractor and all the lay-bys was full up should I do a print out or just leave it as it’s only 3 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 MINUTES :open_mouth: ■■?
What the hell were you thinking man!!!
You are now doomed to a life of hell starvation and pestilence when '‘they’'find out.

Sorry, but this is the only option now, and may the Lord God have mercy on your soul.

the_suicide_pill_by_monopolize_x_me-d4n6ugx.jpg

FFS ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

James96:
Today I accidentally went over my hours by 3 minutes because i was stuck behind a tractor and all the lay-bys was full up should I do a print out or just leave it as it’s only 3 minutes

You are now doomed to a life of hell starvation and pestilence when '‘they’'find out.

Sorry, but this is the only option now, and may the Lord God have mercy on your sou

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thanks for that Rob made me laugh, but ain’t it the truth for some.

Hi, I don’t post on here often but this post got me thinking how did me manage all those years ago. I started driving class one (fuel tankers) in 1976 in Grangemouth Scotland, We used to leave the terminal at 6am get to our delivery and if we were held up due to weather accident etc we called the depot from a call box or a phone at delivery point. We now have drivers in a panic over 3 minutes. What has the job come to when a driver has to explain himself to vosa dvsa etc. I am retiring next Friday after 41 years on the fuel and when I read some of these post thank goodness. And I’ve never had a parking ticket…speeding ticket in all that time, so I have done not to bad.

knight2:

robroy:

James96:

Sorry, but this is the only option now, and may the Lord God have mercy on your soul

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thanks for that Rob made me laugh, but ain’t it the truth for some.

Yeh I know mate. :smiley:

I always laugh at some of today’s drivers getting ohh soooo stressed out over crap like this :unamused: . I mean has the job seriously come to this stage ■■. :open_mouth:

It’s turned full circle from the 80s (thankfully in many cases :smiley: ) where none of us gave a flying ■■■■, to the point where many guys are acting like a cross between ‘time of the month’ women (ok, a bit sexist there :blush: ) and naughty step toddlers, worrying their arses off about trivialities. :unamused:
I mean, …3 ■■■■ minutes!!

As a couple have said, just cos you have a licence they don’t ■■■■ own you, and tbf most VOSA guys are spot on if you can come up with a viable good reason for doing something ‘‘wrong’’ I know, I have been stopped more than most of here for the nationality of trucks I have driven in the past.

I have had stick off certain ones on here before for saying this…but some of us on here should chill out, and get ■■■■ real. :unamused:

matt watson:
Hi, I don’t post on here often but this post got me thinking how did me manage all those years ago. I started driving class one (fuel tankers) in 1976 in Grangemouth Scotland, We used to leave the terminal at 6am get to our delivery and if we were held up due to weather accident etc we called the depot from a call box or a phone at delivery point. We now have drivers in a panic over 3 minutes. What has the job come to when a driver has to explain himself to vosa dvsa etc. I am retiring next Friday after 41 years on the fuel and when I read some of these post thank goodness. And I’ve never had a parking ticket…speeding ticket in all that time, so I have done not to bad.

Enjoy your retirement 41 years on the road is a good innings. Things have changed so much some for the better but quiet a few for the worse.

Tankerman24:
Things have changed so much some for the better but MOST for the worse.

FTFY. :bulb:

And I thought I had problems!!! It’s hardly a hanging offence, where is the common sense here-if u couldn’t make it,u couldn’t make it. I remember coming in on the train about 10 years ago, and a sorrowful looking fellow sitting opposite me. When I asked what was wrong, he told me he only had an hour left on his card, and had to start a 45 he break. He lived an he an d 40 min away, therefore he was short by 40 min. I told him what I would do, but he wouldn’t. Some people need to grow a pair