Infringement

Hi all,

Just a quick one, I’m new to driving, not been driving this week, as I’m on training and I’ve been asked to do a manual entry, I out my break an hour later on the entry, and when downloaded my card, they said I exceeded my work time by one hour before a break, and I will be getting an infringement,

What happens when you get one?

Cheers

As a new driver it will have to be reported to your local TC and to the DVSA, they will then call you in for an assessment to see if you can continue your driving and will extend your probationary period from the current 3 years to 5 years if they feel that you made an honest mistake and are not likely to do so again for 5 years.

Good luck buddy, not many get through that hurdle…

Batesy2014:
What happens when you get one?
Cheers

Sign a piece of paper then say goodbye :arrow_right:

Lol @ Wheelnutt. Don’t worry. You’ll probably have to sign a bit of paper saying you understand how serious it is and what the penalties are and that you won’t do it again. Then you go home and enjoy the sunshine. Nothing to stress about.

m1cks:
Lol @ Wheelnutt. Don’t worry. You’ll probably have to sign a bit of paper saying you understand how serious it is and what the penalties are and that you won’t do it again. Then you go home and enjoy the sunshine. Nothing to stress about.

It is what happens to that piece of paper that matters, once that is send out and you have to wait for the fat envelope to land on your doormat with the summons in a few weeks, that drives most absolutely nuts, happened to a mate of mine, he ended up taking to the drink and the only way he could stop that was tossing one off every 30 minutes through the day and get the endorphins going, now he is a right embarrassment everywhere he goes…

No need to sugarcoat it I think, the OP is in big doodahh

Wow. Out of interest, what happens when you’re caught with you hi viz on inside out?

m1cks:
Wow. Out of interest, what happens when you’re caught with you hi viz on inside out?

It is not having the velcro fastened that is the one to worry about.

Take no notice of the wiseguys above. Just sign to say you read and understood, and make sure you understand what you did wrong so you don’t do it again. It is pretty minor stuff.

Santa:
Take no notice of the wiseguys above. Just sign to say you read and understood, and make sure you understand what you did wrong so you don’t do it again. It is pretty minor stuff.

Calling us wiseguys? Unless the OP is seven he is not going to take anything from you with a username like yours…

:wink:

Is that hour late for the RT(WT)R break? - if so then its very minor and only the company will be bothered

wheelnutt:

Santa:

Calling us wiseguys? Unless the OP is seven he is not going to take anything from you with a username like yours…

He is real!!! Take it back :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

wheelnutt:

Santa:

He is real!!! Take it back :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think wheelnutt is in a tizz cause santa didn’t have anything in his sack for him :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

nick2008:

tango boy:

wheelnutt:

Santa:

Think wheelnutt is in a tizz cause santa didn’t have anything in his sack for him :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Or empty his sacks over him :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

wheelnutt:

Santa:

Well his reply was much more useful than yours.

ROG:
Is that hour late for the RT(WT)R break? - if so then its very minor and only the company will be bothered

yes mate, instead of putting 9:30am for 1 hour break, I put 10:30am which meant I worked 7 hours before my break

Batesy2014:

ROG:

yes mate, instead of putting 9:30am for 1 hour break, I put 10:30am which meant I worked 7 hours before my break

Did you realise that on some digital tachos manual entries are done in UTC, otherwise known as Greenwich Mean Time, in the months of April to October (British Summer Time) if the tacho is one which displays UTC then you enter 1 hour earlier than BST. Newer digital tachos will display local time and make the correction for you.

Batesy2014:

ROG:

Minor hiccup = no action by authorities

Given some of the replies on here I am starting to see why the DCPC was implemented.

I only work one day a year, and I am exempt from all the nonsense you guys put up with - I am working on going fully auto now, so that I can stay home in the warm and let the reindeer do all the work.