Forgive me Father

… for I have sinned!

Sat waiting to get on a bay at Iceland Swindon (for a change) and there’s a brand new Iveco facing me. Now I’m not sure whether my eyes are going or whether my tastes are changing but I think it looks fantastic. There, I’ve said it. :wink:

A lad I know has one on order,.they look a real nice truck. :sunglasses:

All trucks today have cheap crap build quality, tacky plastic etc, it’s just the stereotypical
criticism by those types who have Scania or summet tattooed on their ■■■■ foreheads, you know the type, .and the rest who jump on the bandwagon who join in that give Iveco a bad press.
I’ve always had a soft spot for Ivecos since the ahead of it’s time Turbostar in the 80s, but that is my nature, not to follow the pack and be contrary to everybody else,.and not be embarrassed to admit it,.so basically I’d have a one tomorrow, ■■■■ what anybody else said.

Yeah I had one of them mad Turbostars in the 80’s too mate. Obviously everything stopped working or fell off eventually but oh THAT engine.

Fond memories, my first gig this country…

Having been blessed with a 190/24 :cry: complete with coffin nailed to the back of the day cab as my very first 9 car transporter, sort of skewed my view of Ivecos.
Drove a couple of Eurotecs later on, fast but stank of fumes enough to choke you when on fast idle loading cars, and true to form falling apart by year 3.

Most disappointing though was the Stralis, a fast decent enough motor spoiled by a couple of ha’porths of tar; had to tilt the cab to put oil in :unamused: which it drank, no control over the mid lift so traction a perma problem and the worse programming of arsetronic its been my misfortune to have to drive, even Daf got it better :open_mouth: , so bad was it that every time you used hill hold by the time the thing had made its mind up and engaged drive again hill hold had released and the bloody thing was rolling back.

I’ve come to the conclusion that given the right specifications (some operators and sales staff can’t get this bit right between them, one size does not fit all) there isn’t a lot to choose between any of the makes now, some that were poor even ten years ago are now much improved, whilst some others have rested on their previous laurels whilst offering not particularly reliable or durable trucks but with pretty cabs.
In all cases the good or poor dealer can make or break a users experience.

had a turbostar on demo in the day first motor i drove with leccy mirrors and i think full width leccy windscreen blind, and as has been said what a engine, use to leave our fleet of 112’s standing at 38t…

m.a.n rules:
had a turbostar on demo in the day first motor i drove with leccy mirrors and i think full width leccy windscreen blind, and as has been said what a engine, use to leave our fleet of 112’s standing at 38t…

Yup, absolutely stonking engine. Being young and daft (as opposed to old and daft) I used to giggle like a loon as I flashed the Irish boys in their 141’s out of the way! :smiley:

i could’nt possibly comment mate, apparently they went off the clock… :blush:

p.s young and fearless now older and wiser… :smiley:

Having lived in Southern Italy for a few years I would say that 50% of the heaviest work was done by IVECOs - chuck in a smattering of Volvos, Scanias, DAFs and Mercs to make up the rest.

And a far more gruelling driving environment than we have in this country as well as the temperatures.

Sure, most of them looked tired but they kept going earning a living.

I sincerely hope they are better than the fleet of sh one t we had at Imperial Maoster, I still have nightmares about driving them, stay safe good buddy

My old brain may be going but were they not based on old fiat and magic debuts. I had a magi (same type as BFI ) used to run and that was a real comfy cab for it’s time. (I did come off a Leyland Marathon to get it ). As previously said in its day it went like hell but after a year or two engine was fine but the ancillaries like compressor, alternator fuel pump etc. Started to play up

Auto correct should read magirus deutz

mizzo:
I sincerely hope they are better than the fleet of sh one t we had at Imperial Maoster, I still have nightmares about driving them, stay safe good buddy

Yeah they were shocking. Cursor or something like that? Certainly made me curse. :imp: