Bit of textbook driving

Found this old clip on You tube.
Look how quiet the roads are.
A bit of a driving connisseur this guy.
(Can’t help thinking this is how our mate Jake rambles on to himself at every car journey he makes :laughing: …sorry Jakey. :smiley: )
youtu.be/JE82FZpq0qM

Harry Enfield’s Mr Cholmondeley-Warner, on his way home,
now i will Flash my headlights,
and now i will sound my horn, TWICE,

classic! 2 finger salute, some things never change, LOL

Awesome find, all done with a straight face, and a clean suit and tie, empty roads, them were the days.

Haha, I don’t believe that bloke in the red Herald just happened to be there, I’m sure he was part of the crew and it was scripted. Years before top gear too!

Reminds me of this one

youtube.com/watch?v=sa29WIO … Path%C3%A9

This for the soundtrack with the Wolesey 6110 law car and the new M4 perfect. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0dikX80Ed8

robroy:
Found this old clip on You tube.
Look how quiet the roads are.
A bit of a driving connisseur this guy.
(Can’t help thinking this is how our mate Jake rambles on to himself at every car journey he makes :laughing: …sorry Jakey. :smiley: )
youtu.be/JE82FZpq0qM

Good find Rob I think that’s our Snakey alright, in the biggest thing he’s ever driven

I’m guessing that’s a Mk2 Jag he’s driving.?
That motor would have been the business in those days.

Fantastic bit of driving. Plenty to learn from this.

robroy:

If its a 3.8 MkII itll be 220bhp…a heavy car, but 125mph and 0-60 in 8.5secs with leather armchairs and real walnut?
None too shabby even today I reckon.

Franglais:

robroy:

If its a 3.8 MkII itll be 220bhp…a heavy car, but 125mph and 0-60 in 8.5secs with leather armchairs and real walnut?

My wife’s Dutch Dad had one, red, with chromed wire wheels, walnut dash and serving tables in the back red leather seats.
A bit of a ‘geezers’ motor, and he WAS a bit of a geezer, the Jag went nice with his Hugo Boss suits and Armani shoes …Amsterdam’s Reggie Kray, and spitting image of Michael Caine in the ‘Alfie’ movie… :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:

To be fair it was the days when 220 hp was probably more like 180.The fuel injected 4.2 in the series 3 XJ was the most powerful production version of the XK and that was 200.

The Jag weighed 1440 kgs the later early 70’s BMW 3.0 Si weighed 1448 kgs that did 0-60 in 7.4 and 135 max with 200 hp from its single cam in head 3 litre motor.

No self respecting blagger wouldn’t have had warmer cams and a set of triple carbs bolted to the XK or a Healey spec head and triple carbs on the Westminster.But the Stype was the better motor with proper Jag style IRS.

But the 60’s were still the days when proper big 6 cylinder Brit cars ruled the roads here including James Bond.No place for a Merc SL for MI5. :smiley:

As for the rest if it has to be German it’s the choice of BMW 700 or a Borgward and pay more for the privilege. :laughing: :wink: