Diary (sort of)

I was going to a do a diary but as I now do the same run 4 days a week it was abit boring. So I did it as a video instead.

Not up to Mr C Holics high standards I’m afraid

Alfreton, Derbyshire to Barnoldswick, Lancashire.

Route M1 J28; M1 J46; Leeds Ring Road; Ilkley; Skipton

youtube.com/watch?v=32lCcJ0-EHA

I had to cheat and film it over two days.

the rt hon member from the good life will no doubt be along soon,in the meantime ,it looks ok to me,albeit it does give the impression you hit the car on the roundabout, from the camera view ,we(drivers)know you dont. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nice one, I’ve downloaded and saved it.

Chunky:
I had to cheat and film it over two days.

Don’t go giving away trade secrets. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

quality video chunky :smiley:

thanx jon

Good vid that. cheers, :smiley:

Nowt wrong with that Chunky.
Was it Silentnight that had “For years of sheepless nights” as it’s logo. :laughing:

well done that man ,makes a change from just stills (which are also good) . did you use a standard videro camera ie vhs/digi/disc??

Thats was great, loved the music and after a few seconds I worked out it was speeded up and everyone didn’t have an indicator bulb out. Loved the music and the editing was very good I thought.

Andy

GREAT vid. nice 1.very good quality.

Excellent video, thanks :slight_smile:

Just what i wanted on my day off to be behind the wheel of a virtual [zb]ing truck :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously V good mate, Look out CoffeeSpielberg, Chunky Tarentino may be after your Oscars :open_mouth: (sounds painful) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant stuff. I can’t normally be bothered to watch this sort of thing right through because it’s too much like being at work, but the soundtrack makes it! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Very enjoyable! :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Bang on mate…Enjoyed it very much :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Excellent. :smiley:

Thank you.

Particularly like the way you married up the forward and rearward facing camera shots.

And what is the music used? Very catchy indeed.

flying_fenman:
And what is the music used? Very catchy indeed.

If you click the word more in the box to the right of the video on the YouTube page you get this.

Music.
Track 1. Dead World Leaders - One Thing Or Another
deadworldleaders.com

Track 2. Alexis Blue - Your Easy Life (Monkeyalan Remix)
alexisblue.co.uk

Good stuff.

Cheers for all the very positive comments :smiley:

To answer some of your questions:

Standard cheap mini dv cam; edited using Magix Movie Edit Pro.

The first half ie once I left the yard and the M1, Leeds Ring Road were speeded up; the rest is normal speed.

Getting the forward and rear to (nearly!) match up was a pain. I strapped a tripod to the mudguard mounts - it stuck out abit! Managed to really wind up a Hargreaves driver who could not understand why I stuck to the same speed over that section when there was a clear road ahead. I was trying to match the speed I had done the previous day.

Music. Two young bands. The first from Dead World Leaders from Sheffield and the second from a very young (16 - 20) band from the Wirral called Alexis Blue - great bunch of lads who should go far. Both bands have loads of free downloads on their websites so if you like what you hear then have a visit.

I was about to ask you what camera mount you used but you answered my question. I’m thinking of getting one of these

Coffeeholic:
I was about to ask you what camera mount you used but you answered my question. I’m thinking of getting one of these

Baby tripod plus standard one (and a couple of straps!).

That looks like a great bit of kit. Price - ouch, still I suppose you get what you pay for.

And thanks for all your videos Neil; still the best by far on Youtube.

Chunky:
Baby tripod plus standard one (and a couple of straps!).

I use the same sort of tripods along with a bean bag with a tripod screw. You’re right about the price of that, I’m weighing up the price against how much use I’d get out of it and I’m not sure if it is worth it at the moment,. If a couple of ideas I have in the pipeline come to fruition then it should be worth getting.