Tachograph info

Good morning all,

I have been speaking to a boy who not long passed his class maybe 2 weeks ago. Now this is where you bunch of good people come in for some advice [emoji3].

He told me he is going to buy his own unit kitted out with a microwave and such for personal use for going away to shows, camping etc.

I asked him about how that would work as I assumed you would need to use the tachograph card in it. He told me that because it’s for private use then it’s not needed. I only passed my test in November so I’m still all new to this yet.

But that’s why I’m on here to ask you all for advice so I can go back to him and say here’s what you can and can’t do to keep him legal.

Many thanks

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Will he have any goods in or on the unit :question:
If no then it is exempt tacho regs
eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content … 1-20150302

This Regulation lays down rules on driving times, breaks and rest periods for drivers engaged in the carriage of goods and passengers by road

ROG:
Will he have any goods in or on the unit :question:
If no then it is exempt tacho regs
eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content … 1-20150302

This Regulation lays down rules on driving times, breaks and rest periods for drivers engaged in the carriage of goods and passengers by road

No mate he said it will just be stuff in the storage spaces and that but will not be carrying any goods at all. It’s just his own personal stuff he will have with him like his food, camping gear and stuff like that.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Cannot see that stuff being classed as goods …