Help

In going to borrow our 7.5t after work as I’m moving home just wondering shall I put tacho in or shall I not bother , just asking because I shouldn’t go over the 15hour mark but just incase, cheers

I’d say do a printout at the start and end and stick it in ‘out of scope’ mode during.

Well your just going to end up with a load of missing mileage if you don’t.

Just think of the worst case scenerio.A tad dramatic but whst if you did not see the lady pushing the pram in the road and they are killed.The first thing the police is going to do is to check the tacho to see how fast you were going.
For peace of mind put a tacho in.

It’s analogue btw , that’s why I didn’t know what to do with it not being for hire/reward etc …

Smoggie89:
It’s analogue btw , that’s why I didn’t know what to do with it not being for hire/reward etc …[/quote

Put one in and write on it what its for, that way if you are stopped you have a record.

If you’re using it for private use it’s exempt from EU regulations and therefore you don’t need to use the tachograph.

If you choose to put a chart in anyway, before starting the journey I’d write on the back that the journey is for private use.