Can someone offer some help with tachographs

Hi guys I am a brand new driver so please go easy on me. I may possibly be working for an agency soon. They need to put me through an assessment drive, can someone give me a crash course on basic use of a tachograph? I have driven HGVs before but never used a tacho as the military are currently exempt.

Be honest and say you have not really used a tacho before

Or - you could go on a tachograph CPC course

OR - you could play with these simulators - fomento.gob.es/transportes/s … _adsl.html

SEDriver:
Be honest and say you have not really used a tacho before

Or - you could go on a tachograph CPC course

Good advice because you’ll have a steep learning curve otherwise.
Digi tacho’s also vary in operation depending on what make the head is.
Siemans are the easiest to work IMO.
Stoneridge not so much. etc.

Thank you for the link, I will give it a go.

SE driver : but never used a tacho as the military are currently exempt…but never used a tacho as the military are currently exempt.

He was honest, and he did say that if you read the post all the way through. I`ve copied what he said just in case.

dan2k7:
Thank you for the link, I will give it a go.

You’l need to read up on a few basic rules for EU drivers hours regs and also the WTD regs, (working time directive).
There’s heaps of it all on here. You don’t wana be getting infringements on your first week with an employer, or worse, getting a pull by DVSA and landing fines so make sure you do the above (CPC tacho module) or research what you need to know.

truckyboy:
SE driver : but never used a tacho as the military are currently exempt…but never used a tacho as the military are currently exempt.

He was honest, and he did say that if you read the post all the way through. I`ve copied what he said just in case.

The advice was be honest with assessor . !!!

He was not accusing newby of lying !!

OP, ave a look through the sticky threads here - viewforum.php?f=7
Most if not all you need to know.