RTITB/ALLMI or ITSSAR?

Seems I need to do a Lorry Loader(HIAB) course but which awarding body?
Been offered RTITB/ALLMI & ITSSAR which is the one the the industry seeks.

I was told that the Road Transport Industry Training Board is defunct since 1990’s.
And that the RTITB is just a trading arm of Capitb Ltd?

rsforkliftstraining.co.uk/t … FrEALw_wcB

It seems RTITB are still around.

jakethesnake:
Forklift Training Leicester | Practical Lift Truck Training – RS Forklifts Training

It seems RTITB are still around.

Oh yes they are but only as RTITB trading as xxxx.
I see quiet a few companies want it still, but historically it does not support the Road Transport Industry anymore.
This role is more RHA these days.

You’ll need to do CSCS or allmi
CSCS is what most building sites ask for but is a pain to get. But you’ll have an nvq at the end of it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

NVQs still out there, I thought no value qualifications disappeared years ago.

Hi, company I work for use ALLMI.
Never been knocked back anywhere ( most sites don’t even check)
When I renewed my ticket last year it came back with CSCS logo in the corner of it.
One of the other drivers asked why and was told that there is a tie in between the two organisations
Duncan

I run in and out of builidng sites, industrial complexes and the like and very rarely get asked for CPCS card, or certs for crane and chains. Most of the time I am delivering something to or collecting something from the location so you don’t get inducted as a site worker and slip under the radar for a lot of the BS that goes on.

On the odd occasion that I get asked to present all certs, tickets, risk assessments is if I am being brought on site purely as a crane to either transport something on the site or use the crane to assist with an install or such. Then because you are working on the site rather than just delivering things sometimes change and they become more interested.

But not always, yesterday was on a Persimmon homes site moving 6 containers. As the job was for them they were more interested in getting it done rather than lots of paperwork, if it had been for one of their subcontractors they’d have probably been all over it!

Dunky123:
Hi, company I work for use ALLMI.
Never been knocked back anywhere ( most sites don’t even check)
When I renewed my ticket last year it came back with CSCS logo in the corner of it.
One of the other drivers asked why and was told that there is a tie in between the two organisations
Duncan

+1

As an update, rather surprisingly the company paid for a 1 day RTITB refresher on site.
Seems it will look good at our yearly H&S inspection!! :laughing:

Yeah RTITB were fantastic in my day. The training was was always excellent and the standards were second to none. Helped my career greatly having those qualifications!

I’ve got the ITSSAR one - I think I’m the only one on these boards who has, judging by the lack of response to my question many months ago - but if I was going to renew it I’d choose ALLMI.

Are you paying for it yourself? Do you have access to a vehicle to be trained on? If the company are paying they’ll choose the awarding body, if you’re paying yourself I think ALLMI would be the one to go for, but it’s not cheap, and if you don’t have access to a vehicle already then it’s pretty darned expensive (about £500-£600 to cover the variety of attachments: hook, brick grab and clam shell)

I’ve done plenty of building site work on hiab, never needed a CSCS card, never got asked for my hiab ticket.

CPCS is the one really valued by building sites. But out of your choice of 3 I’d go with ALLMI