Hiab's courses which one the best

Hello I’m looking at doing my hiab course and the best 2 seem to be remote Allmi and RTITB which more people accept.

I’m thinking of going in to utilities driving class 2 trucks as in tippers and grab picking up safety barriers, sand and ruble etc.

Which out of the two remote Allmi and RTITB would be best for what I’m looking to do?

I have got my class 2, driver cpc card, digi card, shea water card, street works card, cscs card, first aid, manual handling, abrasive wheels. I want to get use out of it now with my other cards and tickets I’ve got.

RTITB or ITSSAR… both follow the same format… just really down to the individual

When I did my HIAB course a couple of years ago, the RTITB course was around £300 quid cheaper than the ALLMI one for essentially the same qualification.

Allmi seems to be considered the better one. I’ve heard of some sites not recognising others as valid and some customers that enquire say “Oh - it needs to be Almi, I’ll try somewhere else”. (I can only offer ITTSAR)

If there’s not much in the price - go ALLMI

spooky70:
When I did my HIAB course a couple of years ago, the RTITB course was around £300 quid cheaper than the ALLMI one for essentially the same qualification.

Thats cheap the ALLMI course costs £307.75.

To become a utility company grab driver the HIAB course is only part of the training you then have to go on another course where you will learn the following:
Have no consideration for pedestrians by lifting a loaded grab bucket over the only available foot way
Block the shuttle lane at temporary traffic lights causing chaos as it is too much trouble to have the correct traffic management or for the gang to barrow the muck away to a more sensible location for collection…
Sound convincing when you tell people you can block the road for 15 minutes when you have no legal right to do so
Pull up at a moments notice with no consideration for what’s following behind you.

Once you have mastered these skills wear your badge with pride :wink:

This week, ALLMI is the card of choice.

That is until some bright spark with nothing else better to do decides that another card is the only one they’ll accept!

We offer both ALLMI and RTITB, most large companies seem to recognise ALLMI more than RTITB. Its the same price for either, includes remote, hook, brick clamp and clamshell. Using a brand new PM crane to ALLMI category C size, any less will not be of any use to you, see picture.