Hiab training

Looking for some advice as I’m rather confused. So I’m looking at doing my hiab training, found a trainer offering ITSSAR accredited training, however do I need allmi training? All seems a bit of a minefield to be honest. If anyone can help or recommend a trainer in Manchester, Staffordshire or Cheshire area I’d be really grateful.

ITTSSAR are an accredited training company much the same as ALLMI or RTTIB so any of them should be fine as far as I know.

Some places may want a specific accredited trainer but they are all as far as I know accredited training companies and should all be accepted as a qualification.

I did my fork lift truck training many years ago with an ITTSAR accredited trainer. But even though it was a credited course with fork lift trucks everywhere insisted on refresher training on site regardless of any accredited training licence.

However it does seem CPCS is the most widely accepted in the construction industry and sites can chose to only allow workers on site with a particular accreditation body.

So it would really depend on the places to you go to which would be best to have.

See for an interesting read
didacindustrial.co.uk/plant … editation/
Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I had an ITSSAR hiab card (recently expired) but if I was planning to renew it I’d choose ALLMI as there is some pressure in the marketplace that “only ALLMI will do”.

I think this is nonsense as what REALLY matters is experience. I reckon bigger companies will insist on ALLMI but those who just want to get the job done will be happy with ITSSAR. I’m betting the ITSSAR doesn’t cost as much as the ALLMI though…

Yea big price difference £400 or then goes to £800 for the allmi