lomas

morning,anybody on here work for lomas on tanks,the usual,money hours etc cheers :smiley:

Supposedly good so I’ve heard off a few of their drivers, you’re on it all day and will work for the money but they do pay very well, they will also plan the work around your needs so if you need a week or so starting late or even nights for whatever reason they will accommodate that.
That’s what I’ve been told anyway.

And their trucks fit thru 6ft 6 width restrictions like the one at sharston link did today :laughing:

And they’re exempt from speed limits.

Is this the Lomas that ran tippers donkeys years ago in London?

Google lomas distribution and look at the reviews from members of the public who are complaining about their drivers…
Nearly every firm going has one or two negative reviews regarding their drivers but Iv never seen that many…
If they push their drivers to drive like idiots I would be avoiding them personally

One of there’s nearly put me in a field along a515 in haste to get back to there yard by take g the racing line on a right handers.

They are on trip money ie percentage of what it earns. Very good money can be had as long as your prepared to work for it and night out.You will max your hrs,if youve done 88hrs driving in a fortnight expect to do a local to use the last 2 up. Every other saturday is normally expected and dont think youll get every bank holiday off. Saying that there a lot of lads whove been there years and would never think of leaving, mainly because they rarely run empty so are earning â– â– â– â–  good money. Empty running dont pay so you dont get paid for it, bummer if your coming back from say Scotch, that`s at least half a days work for free.

yorkshire terrier:
If they push their drivers to drive like idiots I would be avoiding them personally

They don’t push, it’s the nature of payment for the job. Drivers only get paid when the load gets delivered. As said before no payment for empty running, vehicle breakdowns, traffic delays, waiting in queues at customers, etc. If you’re used to hourly pay this will be a shock to you. I worked there for two years and my wages were up and down every week whilst still maxing my hours. There are some drivers that hightail down the roads chasing that carrot but there are also a lot that don’t. Personally loved the tanker work and you certainly see a lot of the country.

Cronus:

yorkshire terrier:

They don’t push, it’s the nature of payment for the job. Drivers only get paid when the load gets delivered. As said before no payment for empty running, vehicle breakdowns, traffic delays, waiting in queues at customers, etc. If you’re used to hourly pay this will be a shock to you. I worked there for two years and my wages were up and down every week whilst still maxing my hours. There are some drivers that hightail down the roads chasing that carrot but there are also a lot that don’t. Personally loved the tanker work and you certainly see a lot of the country.

I can imagine this type of set-up. There’ll be drivers who are time served, brown-nosers, others whose faces fit well, and these will get the cream and never run empty. Then there’ll be the drivers who aren’t any of these things, and they will get the empty running. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I bet there is some resentment amongst their drivers if this is how it works there.

yorkshire terrier:
Google lomas distribution and look at the reviews from members of the public who are complaining about their drivers…
Nearly every firm going has one or two negative reviews regarding their drivers but Iv never seen that many…

And you believe some comments from anonymous clowns on the internet with no proof to back their statements up?

My most recent complaint to my boss about me, if it was to be believed, had me travelling at 110 mph in the 3rd lane. Of a 2 lane motorway.

Most likely some nimbys or cardigan wearing freaks holding the job up and have nothing better to do with their day than complain about someone trying to do their job.

I was with one of their drivers in Alfreton last week, we were in the yard for roughly 3 hours and he told me that job was worth 26 quid to him. Hopefully the other jobs they have are worth more cash to them.

I travel throughout Staffordshire daily and encounter dozens of their trucks each week. The majority are well turned out and I’ve never had a problem with how any are being driven. It is 15 years since I drove lorries regularly but if I was to return to it I would definitely consider Lomas. They don’t hang about but why would you, within the law, of course. Almost all are over 500bhp so they are not going to slouch about with the rest. Google John Lewis employee terms; regarded as exemplary. Lomas are doing similar and, if their kit is a barometer of their success, very well too. Drivers knowing what the job is paying and getting stuck in to secure their share may not be for everyone but it appears to be a relationship based on mutual trust which may not be too common these days.

vikingpete:
I was with one of their drivers in Alfreton last week, we were in the yard for roughly 3 hours and he told me that job was worth 26 quid to him. Hopefully the other jobs they have are worth more cash to them. Next time you see him tell him to get another calculator it works out at about 45quid

In my view they are in the top three firms to get at LEAST one lane separation from.

A bunch of morons blasting around at 57 mph everywhere they go, whilst chatting away on cb radio’s. Probably all wishing they were Kris Kristofferson :unamused:

" 10-4 Rubber Duck, I got me a Kelsa light bar ".

" Nice one Duck, I got me a LED light board and a thousand Kelsa mud flaps "… ■■■■■.

agusta58:

vikingpete:
I was with one of their drivers in Alfreton last week, we were in the yard for roughly 3 hours and he told me that job was worth 26 quid to him. Hopefully the other jobs they have are worth more cash to them. Next time you see him tell him to get another calculator it works out at about 45quid

Don’t rise to the bait neighbour ,keep them guessing about the job ,most on here don’t have the guts to work on a different pay scheme they wouldn’t understand .

TheUncaringCowboy:

yorkshire terrier:

And you believe some comments from anonymous clowns on the internet with no proof to back their statements up?

My most recent complaint to my boss about me, if it was to be believed, had me travelling at 110 mph in the 3rd lane. Of a 2 lane motorway.

Most likely some nimbys or cardigan wearing freaks holding the job up and have nothing better to do with their day than complain about someone trying to do their job.

No I don’t believe them as every firm has a few bad reviews etc,but they are a few too many for me about these,and seeing how some of them drive myself I dont think it’s a coincidence