Lomas distribution

Hi all, new to the site hope everyone has had a great Christmas.
Only just passed my cat c+e in October been driving cat c for 2 years now doing general haulage multi drop sort of thing with a fair bit of wonderful pallet network stuff. Ive heard lomas distribution are looking for drivers and do take on newly qualified drivers so if anyone knows anything about lomas distribution regarding working conditions and pay etc I would be grateful to hear your opinion on the company.

Thanks in advance : )

have a hunt through the threads baldy , there is already an extensive thread on lomas distribution . it should answer your questions . dave

rigsby:
have a hunt through the threads baldy , there is already an extensive thread on lomas distribution . it should answer your questions . dave

he will sea what a nice bunch af lads we are never rush about allways considerat to other road users and allways but allways stick to the speed limit :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Never looking for drivers,when was the last time anybody saw them advertising. Ring up and arrange to call in on a Saturday morning if you can. Be prepared to max your hours everyweek,but if you tramp expect to be well paid for it. Decent tackle,decent bloke,doesnt suffer fools. Give it a go powder tank work ain`t everybodies cuppa but others love it.

Thanks a lot for the replies, appreciate it.

I’ve been on there a year and a half now, & they will take on new drivers & train you up, depends what sort of work you want, there’s any shift you want, plus days nights or tramping ! Give them a call and let them know what your prepared to do !
All I can say is you don’t get owt for nowt, so fair days work = fair days pay is about right !

Cheers gunnerheskey. As I say only really done general haulage on taughtliners so wouldnt know where to start with tankers. Do you get regular runs or are you always somewhere different? Cheers

Depends what you want to do, but in general, you’ll get stuck in sort of the same routine !

What happend in Brailsford ?

it’s bad having a bump at any time but worse when you run into the back of one of your own fleet!

I think I’ve seen one in the field as in overshot the end of water swallows lane too .

Does Lomas have any out based trucks ?

bjd:
Does Lomas have any out based trucks ?

Do they need to, they’re fast enough to cover the whole country I think :laughing:

Yes he has trucks based anywhere if you got parking

cheers

agusta58:

does he also hold o,licences anywhere :question:
does the vehicles normal parking when not being used not have to be its operating centre also :question:

green456:

agusta58:

does the vehicles normal parking when not being used not have to be its operating centre also :question:

id like to know this to would suit me if i could park the truck in a secure truckpark round the corner from my house

nick172sport:

green456:

agusta58:

id like to know this to would suit me if i could park the truck in a secure truckpark round the corner from my house

Both of you could ring and ask him!!!

Dinky has some based in Ashbourne, along with some other operators, in AK’s old yard. Probably for the Ballidon lads, ex Seafield.

Pete.

windrush:
Dinky has some based in Ashbourne, along with some other operators, in AK’s old yard. Probably for the Ballidon lads, ex Seafield.

Pete.

thats right pete im one off them but ad 2 nights out at buxton yard this week even got lorry whashed and a service :smiley: :smiley: need more browny points for extra bling :sunglasses: :sunglasses: