Lomas distribution

I’ve got an opportunity at Lomas distribution tramping on powder tanks, been told the wages are £35-40k before tax based on what the truck earns.
So basically was wondering if anyone on here could give me any pointers on the work they do & if those earnings are realistic or do you need to be a ‘blue eyed boy■■?’
Thanks in advance

Can you crack on down narrow B-roads straddling the white line regardless of what’s coming the other way? :laughing:

You must attempt to pass everyone and everything regardless of traffic conditions and the fact they’re faster than you.
You’ll never really know what the truck earns so take that with a pinch of salt.

I believe your only getting paid when carrying a full tank. Seem to drive decent kit around but I wouldn’t fancy getting paid based on how much work you can get done

Do they advertise regularly?

My advice would be to give it a go. Powder tanker work is something that requires a touch more intelligence than transporting 26p of dog food to Lidl and if nothing else, a bit of experience (assuming you haven’t done that work before).

If it’s crap you can simply walk away and try somewhere else.

Lomas don’t pay there drivers waiting time, if you’re sat all day waiting to load because a plant has broken down, you won’t be paid a penny for it, may not happen that often but just a heads up, a mate of mine is on bulk tankers and he says Lomas are well paid but not immune from trying there best to que jump. Good luck.

I know some lads I used to work with who have been with them a good while and they presumably like the job? Looks decent tackle.

Pete.

TiredAndEmotional:
Do they advertise regularly?

I’ve not noticed them advertising, but did phone them once and they asked me to call in and see them. Never did cos of the pay/work thing.

Yes,regularly on indeed.
Thought about applying myself (ashbourne) but had a chat with a driver,up at ferrybridge,and decided against it.

sweet truck haul:
I’ve got an opportunity at Lomas distribution tramping on powder tanks, been told the wages are £35-40k before tax based on what the truck earns.
So basically was wondering if anyone on here could give me any pointers on the work they do & if those earnings are realistic or do you need to be a ‘blue eyed boy■■?’
Thanks in advance

:smiley: jobs ok worked ther for 4 years good kit works ok £700 £750 most weeks thats with out nights out or bonus some mone bout us rushing obout but sod em mate come over to the dark side you will be ok

Can I come too :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

And me :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

wirksworth rod:

sweet truck haul:
Thanks in advance

:smiley: jobs ok worked ther for 4 years good kit works ok £700 £750 most weeks thats with out nights out or bonus some mone bout us rushing obout but sod em mate come over to the dark side you will be ok

Would I be ok sending you a pm mate??

sweet truck haul:

wirksworth rod:

sweet truck haul:
Thanks in advance

Would I be ok sending you a pm mate??

yes mate just got back in

Punchy Dan:

you cant go you’ll never keep up with em :laughing: :laughing:

yes mate just got back in
[/quote]
Been trying to send you a pm but I can’t for some reason!
Will send it as soon as I’ve got it sorted.
Ta

scotstrucker:

Punchy Dan:

you cant go you’ll never keep up with em :laughing: :laughing:

You clearly don’t know Dan! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Went to Buxton the other day, thought I was on the film set of " Hell Drivers "!
Those Lomas maniacs are driving those high powered trucks like they are cars !
It’s only a matter of time before they cause a tragedy !
I’ve known a few crazy drivers in my career, but these nutters take it to a new level !

johnny51:
Went to Buxton the other day, thought I was on the film set of " Hell Drivers "!
Those Lomas maniacs are driving those high powered trucks like they are cars !
It’s only a matter of time before they cause a tragedy !
I’ve known a few crazy drivers in my career, but these nutters take it to a new level !

Welcome to Derbyshire .