Parking in Swindon tonight

I’ve got a 1800 hrs tip in Swindon today with a 0800 hrs reload in the morning. I’ve looked online and it seems like they really don’t want us to park anywhere in Swindon.

Does anyone know I’d anywhere I can park without going miles out the way. I’ve read the reviews on the truck stop in Swindon so that is a worst case scenario to park there tonight.

Thanks in advance.

Chippenham truck stop if you want the facilities.

Across the roundabout from Swindon Truck stop on the link road to the A419 slip there are laybys for 2 each side, there is a small roundabout before the A419 slip to double back (Merlin Way).

Off J16 top end of Frankland Road has some space, there is a Subway and Costa opposite.

Paddington Drive youd to be popular round from Iceland but I think they have just changed parking along there to stop it.

What end of town are you tipping at?

njl:

Across the roundabout from Swindon Truck stop on the link road to the A419 slip there are laybys for 2 each side, there is a small roundabout before the A419 slip to double back.

Off J16 top end of Frankland Road has some space, there is a Subway and Costa opposite.

Paddington Drive youd to be popular round from Iceland but I think they have just changed parking along there to stop it.

Tipping at B&Q.

njl:

Across the roundabout from Swindon Truck stop on the link road to the A419 slip there are laybys for 2 each side, there is a small roundabout before the A419 slip to double back.

Pretty sure Chippenham truck stop is shut tonight due to resurfacing of the road. Ok if you empty in there, but wouldn’t go in with a high value load…

You could park on Barnfield rd, which is off the Gt Wrstern way near the bus depot.
Aldi near by and 5 min walk into Rodbourne, for pUb and/or takeaways. Just noticed you are tipping @ Band Q, apart from a lay bye outside there which will probably be full of Taliban, you might be able to park on South Marston ind est but I think most of it is restricted.

madmackem:

njl:

Tipping at B&Q.

The hold ups at B&Q some times it may be 8am before you’re tipped [emoji49]

You could have a look around Faraday road off A419 nb, again quite a lot of double yellows but there may be one or two spots to get parked. There is a Morrisons about 1/2 mile wander for food. Also Arkwright Road or Crompton Road off Thamesdown Drive north end of town. There is an Aldi and a Harvester 1/2 mile from there on Thamesdown Drive.

Thanks for the answers guys. Hopefully get in on one of those places.

madmackem:

You’ve always got Swindon truckstop !! Only joking of course :smiley:

I park down road by Hilton hotel , is it jct 16 , 1st left , but most times I’m Bob- tail

bald bloke:

madmackem:

You’ve always got Swindon truckstop !! Only joking of course :smiley:

I don’t know. When you have the choice between a relatively quiet night in the truck stop, with a Sainsbury (with cafe) next door, and a bar if you want (or a pub on the otherside of the roundabout), and all night toilets, or parked by the side of the road with no or very few facilities available, and scrotes bringing their cars past all evening, even Swindon is tempting.

As long as I’m not paying for it. Obviously… :grimacing:

Swindon Truck Stop has just spent money doing up the shop. The food’s edible (I’ve had worse!) and it’s quiet even before the Sainsburys shuts.

The ladies loo is a joke and no idea what the men’s is like but don’t want to look TBH. Plenty of hot water and loads of Stobbies and Wincanton use it so can’t be all bad