Swindon truck stop

Any of you ever use swindon truck stop on your nights out,i went in there today to use the toilets,as any of you know they have now got outside toilets,out of curiosity i checked out the showers,i noticed what looked like mould beginning on the right one,what got me though is if the showers are like they were today during the night how do you night out blokes manage,it was bloody freezing,are they that cold at night,the water may be hot but then you step out into freezing cold conditions,nothing much seems to have changed much there,foods still not up to standard,and it still smells when you walk in,incidentally i am fortunate not to do nights out thats why i asked how you guys manage

The whole of Swindon truckstop is a toilet. :wink:

Harry Monk:

True,the only thing it is good for is parking for your 45 min if you are sitting in the cab

Based on the reputation of that truckstop I highly doubt that water has water anywhere near an acceptable temperature. Anyone with enough sense would give it a wide berth.

Forward planning

Harry Monk:

‘‘The whole of Swindon is a toilet’’
there corrected for you :laughing:

I would just keep driving to Newbury then back down A34 to base as its only 1h 30 from Southampton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It took months to finish the so called refurbishment which when dome, didn’t make any difference.
For months the left shower was out of order and the door taped up like a murder scene from CSI Miami .
The meal had a pot of pepper in it, when ordering my meal, the server was far too busy to hang up the mobile phone .
Drivers buy grub in Sainsbury one minute walk away, French baguette bread stick and Brie and Camembert cheese, lovely .
Why is the bar shut at Swine town pig stop ?

The pit stop at J17 is only barely 20 minutes away you’re much better off parking there.

bald bloke:
The pit stop at J17 is only barely 20 minutes away you’re much better off parking there.

Agreed…

A much better place except it’s parking is limited.

yourhavingalarf:

bald bloke:

Agreed…

A much better place except it’s parking is limited.

All the above. If you’re really stuck for stopping in Swindon, nip round the corner to Sainsbury for food and toilets. There is free parking on the industrial areas west of Swindon.

So…the reference to it as the ‘■■■■ Bowl’ is justified then… :grimacing:

I don’t understand these comments about Swindon. In the times I’ve called in I’ve never had an issue with it. There’s never a problem getting parked, it’s been clean, food is average but service is quick, you can get diesel and right next to the supermarket for anything you want. You moan about lack of facilities and that’s right but this one is under used? Too far from the M4?

TiredAndEmotional:
I don’t understand these comments about Swindon. In the times I’ve called in I’ve never had an issue with it. There’s never a problem getting parked, it’s been clean, food is average but service is quick, you can get diesel and right next to the supermarket for anything you want. You moan about lack of facilities and that’s right but this one is under used? Too far from the M4?

Easy to get parked because it’s not very popular and that’s also why it’s quick to get served. A shame really because it’s an ideal place and could be good.

bald bloke:

TiredAndEmotional:

Easy to get parked because it’s not very popular and that’s also why it’s quick to get served. A shame really because it’s an ideal place and could be good.

+1 The best thing that could happen is it’s pulled down and rebuilt as it so dated and in need of so much work to bring it up to any sort of standard.
Many many moons ago it was just as it is now just newer. :wink:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

TiredAndEmotional:

+1 The best thing that could happen is it’s pulled down and rebuilt as it so dated and in need of so much work to bring it up to any sort of standard.
Many many moons ago it was just as it is now just newer. :wink:

At least the surface of the parking area is up to scratch M25 j26 for example.

Is it council owned? Just had a google it’s owned by a local businessman called Darren Smith.

bald bloke:

Yeah i’ll agree with that,as i said i’m not an overnighter but i have been in there a number of times and the food is good

The last time I used it, the swipe card at pump thing wasn’t working so I took my keyfuels card into the shop to get it checked. Grumpy foul mouthed woman in the crap tat filled shop told me to “read the ■■■■■■■ notice on the pump.” She got told to shove her ■■■■■■■ diesel up her arse. Never been back and I wouldn’t ring the fire brigade if the place was burning down.
I hold the place in the same contempt as T coli van owners who think they own the layby.

TiredAndEmotional:

There’s always been problems getting parked when I’ve been there. It’s a matchbox, and fills up early. 50% is a blindside if you don’t ■■■■ about and re enter through an exit, and you can only reconnoiter half of the spaces on the first hit so you take your chance on the first or the second parking area as you enter. Food is ■■■■, kitchen is manky. It’s one I would always try to avoid.