London Lorry Control

Had a rather interesting conversation with the people at the LLC earlier today, regarding some of the routes i use to get to my deliveries in amd around London, but i was left slightly baffled as to the whole point of this scheme, and what it was actually set up to do?. Now, one of my deliveries is to a bus depot in New Cross in southeast London, and if coming off the A2 at the sun in sands, heading along Blackheath common, through Deptford, it takes you right to the door. It’s the most direct route, it’s the least built up residential wise and it also used to be the official diversion route for over height vehicles… But when i questioned this route, the kind lady on the other end said " it’s not the closest to our official guided route, so you need to go round the south circ to forest Hill, turn right into a very built up residential road, then left into another, then through a small village, rejoin5the main road, drive past the bus depot, turn around in the retail park and then come back and drive into the depot". I then asked her “I thought the whole idea of this LLC was to cut down on vehicle movement in built up residential roads before 7am, and to send hgv’s down less built up area’s, just like the old permits of years ago? And that the whole idea of weight limits for vehicle movements before a certain time?.” She then said “No, it’s to do with distance and the shortest route from our official planned routes”. My reply"Now as I’ve traversed this area of London many times, i can tell you now, the route across Blackheath is the shortest, so who the hell plans these routes? And who the hell thinks it’s a good idea to have hgv’s thundering through residential streets and silly o’clock in the morning, instead of allowing them to use a shorter, quieter, less built up road? Someone in an office in another part of the country who’s never been near London in their life?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

London Lorry Control who was the brainchild behind the load of bollox that it is,?It's time to wage war on HGVs and aggressive thugs behind the wheel | This is Money

Doris when mayor didn’t help matters, the man is and always has been a self serving moron

I would say some desk jockey had decided those rules. I used to drive to London a lot at night. As you said, Sun in the sands turn off is a very easy and straight forward way into London. Wide enough roads. No surprise restrictions (although that could have changed).

There still isn’t any restrictions… and the amount of freight that uses the route, such as bulkers, tippers etc. To be honest, the woman i spoke to was very rude, especially when i queried the reason as to why the Blackheath route wasn’t allowed. Something tells me she knew it was the shorter route, but just came up with some rubbish excuse. Anyway, if they want me to thunder down built up residential roads that have speed humps, at silly o’clock in the morning with an artic tanker that has very rattly inspection hatches? Then that’s fine with me [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

A driver I used to work with was caught numerous times going down Earls Court Road down to the embankment. Most of the time we had a delivery to the Maroosh restaurant which allowed us to carry on said route towards Vauxhall Bridge. Often Maroosh wasn’t on when said driver had his turn on this route and racled up for himself and the flour mill, about £1500 in fines. I wasted about half hour trying to explain the LLC rules and how he should be using Kew Bridge and South Circular before 7am.

tennantjon:
There still isn’t any restrictions… and the amount of freight that uses the route, such as bulkers, tippers etc. To be honest, the woman i spoke to was very rude, especially when i queried the reason as to why the Blackheath route wasn’t allowed. Something tells me she knew it was the shorter route, but just came up with some rubbish excuse. Anyway, if they want me to thunder down built up residential roads that have speed humps, at silly o’clock in the morning with an artic tanker that has very rattly inspection hatches? Then that’s fine with me [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

shame that the split arris who you spoke to doesn’t live on that road

The silly cow didn’t really have a clue what the route i should be taking was… Then when she said go down Brixton Hill and turn right at the oval into camberwell new road, I said that’s impossible because you cannot turn right at them lights. She then said for me to go the route i would have to take to New Cross via Peckham Rye, but then turn and head towards Denmark Hill by the hospital. Sounds like she was now making it up. In the end, i went from West Norwood and headed towards hernhill and dropped down Denmark into camberwell. The other thing which made me laugh was her final reply… “you can go via Blackheath if you want? It’s pot luck if you get caught though? As it all depends if we are watching that road at that time?”.

It’s all because people who think their ■■■■ doesn’t stink live in houses along the route and do a lot of shouting, so you are sent to drive past poorer peoples’ houses and if you wake them up there isn’t a problem because they don’t matter.

Nothing changes.

There was a time when the route for the Elephant from the A2/A20 involved going all the way right round the South Circular and coming in from north of the river because it was 100 yards shorter on banned roads.