London HGV Ban - urgent

I am setting off early tomorrow morning on a tour of Englands southern counties. One of my deliveries will be to a council depot in Greater London somewhere (not got the address yet). My question is what are the HGV retrictions for London?

I tried to get info off the FTA website, but due to an annoying bug in Windows I cannot read PDF files at the moment. :imp:

Can somebody fill me in on the basics of the London HGV ban please? I could do with this info today as I will be away from home for the next few days, and I haven’t got web access sorted in the truck… yet.

Thanks folks.

the ban applies before 07.00. and applies to vehicles over 18 ton plated weight.
before this time in an overweight truck you must make full use of the unresticted roads to get to your drop, this includes the m25.
the unrestricted routes are nearly all the main a roads ,north and south circular etc.

do an internet searh for “london lorry ban”
it should find you a map.

does your truck have a permit ■■?

The London lorry ban includes all roads in Greater London except the major trunk roads : eg North / South Circular

Unless you have an LBTS permit in the windscreen (pink/white tax disc sized thing).

And even then, you can only used pre-determined routes - ie, your company has to give you written instruction about the roads you may use.

It runs from
Mon- Fri morning - 0000-0700 Evening - 2100-2400
Sat Morning - 0000-0700 Afternoon / Evening 1300-2400

Sunday - All day

I do London every night - it’s great!!! :unamused:

Went in to work today for an hour to load the trolleys onto the wagon for an early start tomorrow. Got the address, it’s in West Ham. So as long as I am in after 7am or out before 9pm I’m OK.

That said, as it’s the Council, if I’m not there before 4pm they’ll all be off home anyway :unamused: :wink: And you can be sure I’ll not get tipped before 8am

And we definately don’t have the exemption discs. Not being an Edinburgh based company. Thanks for the help guys.