Most complete history of Russell Davies:

Thought members here might enjoy this interview I filmed recently with Simon Waspe, who wrote the most comprehensive history of the once-mighty Russell Davies:

ChrisG46:
Thought members here might enjoy this interview I filmed recently with Simon Waspe, who wrote the most comprehensive history of the once-mighty Russell Davies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNv2HjVnxw

Interesting
I first met Glyn when he worked for Henry Smithers - he visited the very busy container port of Preston to see and old mate from Felixstowe John Scott who was the mangager of Seawheel Preston.

Later I worked with Ron Davis at Railhead Services an off shoot of Seawheel ( we both worked for Seaheel - Ron at HQ in Greenwich and I was ops manager for Seawheel and the Dart Line Contract) - Ron was the Commercial Manager and I wad the Operations Manger looking after the UK depots. Ron left after a very short time to set up Russel Davis with his brother in law. Interestingly Rons father wa the MD of Containerway and Roadferry at Preston(Longton) where Ron originated from

Kenb

Is the RD’s book still available anywhere ?

vernonbish777:
Is the RD’s book still available anywhere ?

Amazon but expensive a £50 plus

Ken b

Started with Russell Davis xmas 1994, when they opened new depot/office in Southampton, Phil Langton was depot manager and Marie head traffic operative, great team and company to work for. Did tramping for a year then went onto nights. We started with 10 Iveco Eurotech"s, 2 in Russell Davis colours and the other 8 in NOL colours ( drove N525 HNG ). 1995 was a big year with the buyout with Securicor. Left 1997 went back in 2000 on nights on trunk then went on to do traffic operative ( nights ) left again by the end of the year.

Come across this old 20’ skelly today complete with box