Does anyone remember

does anyone remember cyril knowels bulk powder trans from purfleet essex in the 80s if so am looking for some photos of them especally volvo fl10 d122hmh thanks

I remember that they had a well turned out fleet, always looked smart, but no pics sorry

Cyril Knowles transport were one of the fleets that were on the transport.com database until the company was taken over by a succession of other companies.The photo is courtesy of and copyrighted to John Martin

I remember them mainly from running into the P&G plant

There is a mention of Cyril Knowles in here too

thedieselgypsy.com/FIRST%20T … ERS-20.htm

thanks i worked for them in early 80s but all me photos got lost over the years i drove one of the first torpedo scanias as he had 3 of them

How funny is this…

I was with a guy in Polestar Leeds Yesterday Morning, a loke by the name of Sid Marchant who by all accounts was one of Knowles’s Trainer’s in Purfleet…

Also Andy McAdam and Ray Williams were on for them too…

BuzzardBoy:
How funny is this…

I was with a guy in Polestar Leeds Yesterday Morning, a loke by the name of Sid Marchant who by all accounts was one of Knowles’s Trainer’s in Purfleet…

Didn’t Ken Browning’s from Leighton Buzzard [of West St & Grovebury Rd] become part of Cyril Knowles Group ?

buzzard boy if you see them could you ask them if thay no wot happend to the volvo fL10 REG D122 HMH did it get distroyed when the yard caught fire thanks i no civil and marine themselfes took over the transport from cyril knowles with some of his trucks but now thay have got there own newwer fleet but still have some old tankers

Big Leggy:

BuzzardBoy:
How funny is this…

Didn’t Ken Browning’s from Leighton Buzzard [of West St & Grovebury Rd] become part of Cyril Knowles Group ?

Yep, RK Browning/Britomya were taken over by Knowles’s, it was when they were at Grovebury Road it happened, and not long after, S&J Pierce took over the RK Browning yard in Firbank Way…