Help ID Some Units

Clutching at straws I know but these two clowns came flying up our village high street the other day with the one behind writing off an Audi.
At a guess from witness reports they have come from the direction of Welwyn Garden City and was heading out towards Luton, Renault Dunstable possibly■■? Any operators running plain white Premiums out of WGC spring to mind?

Even a year possibly to help ID the reg plates? They’re obviously not new. When was this shape available, 2012 - 14? CCTV owners are going to supply full res image when they are available.

Cheers

Maybe rented units or on hire to firms that provide catering and accommodation trailers for the film or video industry, was there any events on in the area ?

Location might help,

Although writing off an Audi is not a bad thing (unless anyone was injured obviously), did the driver not stop and give details.

If I may ask, what is your connection to this incident, where you just randomly taking pictures of traffic and these two appeared or is this after the event.

Are the police involved.

must admit I reckon they will be hire units looking at them.

How did the unit manage to rite off a car? Can’t see any damage to it (though the picture isn’t the best)

My maths is bludy awful but even using a calculator this isn’t adding up [emoji57]

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Mick81:
How did the unit manage to rite off a car?

Ben Hur stylee?

There is a glut of 2012 / 13 Premium units in the Renault network that have come off of contract at the moment. Every dealer in the country is advertising them.

Munchkin:
My maths is bludy awful but even using a calculator this isn’t adding up [emoji57]

may be both units had reversed through the village and this was them leaving.

toby1234abc:
Maybe rented units or on hire to firms that provide catering and accommodation trailers for the film or video industry, was there any events on in the area ?

That’s a good thought. In 15 years of living in the village we get the occasional arctic who’s taken a wrong turn but I have never come across any single tractors let alone two around the lanes.

Tony R:
Location might help,

As stated, from witness accounts they came from the general direction of Welwyn Garden City & headed out in the direction of Luton

Dipper_Dave:
Although writing off an Audi is not a bad thing (unless anyone was injured obviously), did the driver not stop and give details.
Driver was flagged down by the witness, thought about stopping but then sped off
If I may ask, what is your connection to this incident, It was a friends car which was written offwhere you just randomly taking pictures of traffic and these two appeared or is this after the event. The CCTV was supplied from a house exiting the village heading in the Luton direction. The time stamps tie in with the reported incident. Unfortunately the owners were only able to review the footage remotely as they are abroad so better quality images should be available but only on their return
Are the police involved. Incident was reported to the police but with little to go on do you think they’ll be interested? Too much work for them to investigate so having to do the leg work ourselves

Mick81:
How did the unit manage to rite off a car? Can’t see any damage to it (though the picture isn’t the best)

Side swiped down the near side I’d imagine (not seen the car myself). The high street is narrow with cars parked along one side. You’re right, I thought the same about no damage to the n/s/f

If they were flagged down and failed to stop, that sounds suspicious to me, either stolen or not insured, incorrect license and vehicle documents .
It may sound daft, has there been a circus or fairground ride event on that you know of, any recycling depots or scrap yards in the area ?
To be honest I think they may have got away with it and the police will say it is a civil matter .

Ben6279:
They’re obviously not new. When was this shape available, 2012 - 14? CCTV owners are going to supply full res image when they are available.

PO61 reg of the same model I used to drive

toby1234abc:
If they were flagged down and failed to stop, that sounds suspicious to me, either stolen or not insured, incorrect license and vehicle documents .
It may sound daft, has there been a circus or fairground ride event on that you know of, any recycling depots or scrap yards in the area ?
To be honest I think they may have got away with it and the police will say it is a civil matter .

I did wonder the possibility they could have both been stolen and were avoiding main roads cutting through the countryside. It seems they were being driven in that manor.
There was a small music festival in the neighbouring village the following weekend so they’re contacting the organiser to see if they had a couple of trailers dropped. Hopefully they have a register :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’d speak to Renault dealers locally. Two clean white units, running together bob tail without signwriting.
We have been in the market for units and Renault have hundreds identical to this in their used system.

Get the reg nos and give them to the insurance Co of the written off car, let them do the leg work. That’s what you pay them for.