New suspicious looking camera's on a16 and a15 any idea's?

Wonder if any one can shed any light.

Over the last 2 weeks or so, on my way back to the yard I noticed 2 sets of suspicious looking small hi-tec grey cameras have appeared on the a16 near deeping st james and the a15 just before baston. They are on long grey polls and go across the road way, some people seem to brake before them?.

The dont look like traffice sensor camera, are they advanced SPECS? If so why arn’t they yellow.!!!

James

If they where enforcement cameras, camera signs should be displayed before you approach them.

From what you have decribe’d they sound like traffic survey cameras did you notice a small box at the base of the mast?

next to the gantry their is another pole that has several white boxes on it and look like transmitters/big atenna’s (sp) just seemed odd to have more traffic sensors when the blue sensors (the conventional road side ones) are still there nearly next door, unless they are replacing them with these new ones.

One of the gantry’s is near a GATSO but it has been set on fire in the past again when they replace it so don’t know.

They are wireless signal boster boxes for cctv or road sign matrix/Variable message signs (VMS) nothing to worry about. :wink:

According to the local paper the ones on the A16 are ANPR cameras to check as to whether passing vehicles are taxed insured tested etc

You can always contact the HA if you are still unsure just takes 1 call into them they will find out and call you back.

i was going to say ANPR as they sound the same as the ones on the A19 as you come into teeside, looking for the drugs couriers and baccy and booze runs

Anyone remember having a Vauxhall a few years ago you could press a button and it told tyou of traffic hold ups?.

They were informed of this by the blue cameras which these new ones seem to be placed beside which makes me guess they are for traffic flow info.

Theres one on the A17 near my hours I will try to go and get some photos of it it this weekend and see if it tells you what it is on it.

We had some similar on the A12 for a while.

They’d monitor traffic over a short distance and there was a big VMS sign that would display a reg number and slow down if a vehicle was going too fast.

Apparently it was not an enforcement thing but I never chanced it.

pecjam23:
Wonder if any one can shed any light.

Over the last 2 weeks or so, on my way back to the yard I noticed 2 sets of suspicious looking small hi-tec grey cameras have appeared on the a16 near deeping st james and the a15 just before baston. They are on long grey polls and go across the road way, some people seem to brake before them?.

The dont look like traffice sensor camera, are they advanced SPECS? If so why arn’t they yellow.!!!

James

Good site to check what all speed cameras look like and the uses speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-types.htm

saw one on a17 just when you leave newark near the golf club i think it may be a upgrade of the trafficmaster network I did notice it was on the county border so it could be some sort of snooper :question: :question: :question:

Seen two this week, one on the A15 near Kirton LIndsey and the other at Great Gonerby near the services.