Tesco/Transline Livingston Assessment

Hi All,

I have an assessment next with at Tesco Livingston. I have all the information as to what will be involved. Just a bit nervous as I am a new pass C+E driver with no experience.

Any tips or advice would be great. Especially from anyone who has undergone an assessment there or at any Tesco site.

Cheers,

M

You will get hrs / etc test reverse will be both good and blindside in yard assessor,s are ok so don,t be nervous you’ll be ok

Well that was an epic fail.

Fluffed the reverse then the guy showed me how it is supposed to be done and told me to go out and get some experience with other companies then come back.

Fair enough. Live and learn.

JBT Bathgate will take you. Not the best but you will get plenty of experience.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Surely the person knew you were new?
I may be wrong but I thought they might have cut you a little slack and done some more reverses with you to set you at ease.
Sounds like you have dodged a bullet to be honest.

Blindside reverse is tricky. I attempted last night and failed lol

The blind side isn’t part of the assessment as such. They ask you to do it but it isn’t “scored”. Top tip for the blindside though is get all the curtains in the cab open and use less steering than you’d think. Once you get it part way round you can look out the rear cab windows and it’s a piece of ■■■■ from there

dingdong:
Well that was an epic fail.

Fluffed the reverse then the guy showed me how it is supposed to be done and told me to go out and get some experience with other companies then come back.

Fair enough. Live and learn.

Sounds very harsh m8 I feel for u bud being a newbie they should have given u a bit leeway with the reversing fair enough if u were rubbish through out the drive but if it was just reversing they probs done you a favour m8 remember next assessment take it nice and slow and give your self a good starting pozi best of luck with the job hunt m8

Best advice is look at your trailer wheels and guide them to the space. As my instructor said small but sharp steering. When reversing, you don’t have to steer a lot. Just small sharp steering adjusting your way through. To be honest, I don’t think anyone should be failing your assessment because you can’t reverse. Reversing is something which will come with time. Main thing these guys are checking for your sense, attitude, any rage issues and your ability to observe and all that.