Snow

Two days until May and a good inch and a half here.
Any caravanners will be camouflaged!

Aye they were all at it this morning on the A66 over stainmore, half an inch of snow in the outside lane and a procession of 20 cars in the inside lane , then you get the look when you overtake them all

Just read about coldest April for 30 Year

chaversdad:
Aye they were all at it this morning on the A66 over stainmore, half an inch of snow in the outside lane and a procession of 20 cars in the inside lane , then you get the look when you overtake them all

Last time I came over Stainmore in the snow it was early hours, an inch of snow and it was a load of trucks crawling along on the inside lane and me and a couple of Irish fridges went steaming past them.

Goldilox:
Two days until May and a good inch and a half here.
Any caravanners will be camouflaged!

I don’t think May will be happy that you only have an Inch and a Half !! :laughing:

Don’t worry Edinburgh has 4 inches of snow

5 years ago this wednesday my son went out to the beach in afternoon then clubbing came out of club to find 3 inches of snow lying ( he will be 27 on wednesday )

my girl was born on 12th june 1965 and i went to fetch them home on the 26th . struggled to get to the hospital , 4 inches of snow on the roads . county cricket was snowed off as well . dave

rigsby:
my girl was born on 12th june 1965 and i went to fetch them home on the 26th . struggled to get to the hospital , 4 inches of snow on the roads . county cricket was snowed off as well . dave

Folk seem to think that snow in April and May is unusual Dave but we viewed our house at the end of May 1982 in a blizzard and moved in on the 18th November in a different blizzard! :slight_smile: I also remember driving through snow on the M1 at Markfield where the old A50 branched off in the 90’s, only for about half a mile admittedly, and that was in August! We have had an exeptionally easy winter, now it’s payback time haha. :sunglasses:

Pete.

Conor:

chaversdad:

Last time I came over Stainmore in the snow it was early hours, an inch of snow and it was a load of trucks crawling along on the inside lane and me and a couple of Irish fridges went steaming past them.

I started a thread about this last winter, about overtaking a long line of cars on the M6, and getting looks and various hand signals.
Most guys agreed, if safe to pass then pass, but I remember getting a load of dog’s abuse from one nasty little individual on here. :laughing:

Cant remember what year but was in Plymouth and I woke up to a couple inches of snow on the 23rd June but it didn’t last long.

I drove over the Cairnwell to Braemar on Friday there was a small amount of slush at the ski area but not much.I wanted to return via the Cairn o Mount but the signs said that the snow gates were closed.I used the Slug road to Stonehaven instead.

Conor:

chaversdad:

Last zb week you were doing the zb speed limit over the 66, this week your steaming passed 99% of trucks in tandem with a few Irish fridges in the snow , what’s happened too road safety :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

dozy:

Conor:

chaversdad:

Last zb week you were doing the zb speed limit over the 66, this week your steaming passed 99% of trucks in tandem with a few Irish fridges in the snow , what’s happened too road safety :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Conor forgot about road saftey that day did not want to nightout so drove faster in the snow…

Colin_scottish:

dozy:

Conor:

chaversdad:

Conor forgot about road saftey that day did not want to nightout so drove faster in the snow…

Yea another one who says one thing and does the opposite when it suits him , I got called a knob for saying I’d overtake him , then he does the same thing but in the snow :unamused: , you just couldn’t make it up , I’m also puzzled how one week his truck struggles too do 37 mph up hills then he steaming up and over stainmoor passed everyone , has the chip board dried out or something :confused:

Hallelujah. Dozy talks sense.

Conor:

chaversdad:

When I grow up I want too be in an Irish fridge train steamin over the 66 flat to the mat.