McVEIGH & HUMBER McVEIGH

POSTED ON BEHALF OF GEOFF HALLAM

I read with great interest and fond memories some of the lovely comments and old photographs of both Humber Warehousing and Humber McVeigh Transport and Terry has filled in a great deal about the history of the company on here already. To all of the drivers and staff who have worked for me over many years, I would like to say to you all a very sincere and heartfelt thank you for the following companies that I was involved with, which were

Ingham Agricultural Services Ltd
Humber Warehousing Company Limited
Humber International Transport Services
Humber Ireland Transport Services Limited
Humber Warehousing Group Limited
Humber McVeigh Tranpsport Limited

Thank you for all the hard work you put in over the years to make all of these companies the success they were, as Terry has stated in 1976 I was taken seriously whilst travelling round the Irish meat companies and was in hospital in Ballinasloe in Ireland for some long time, when I eventually got back to England I had to go into hospital in Hull for a further long period of treatment at the end of which I had to retire on Doctors orders, and was extremely sorry to have been able to say a proper goodbye to everyone.

Eventually, I got over my illness and returned to the industry, working for a series of companies as a consultant and eventually forming my own transport company, Geoff Hallam Transport Services Ltd, in the late 70s, this I sold out after about 8 years and moved onto further consultancy work. I still occassionally see drivers and office staff from the old days and keep up to date with the latest news. I am still very interested in the transport industry and my life has been devoted to it and it is thanks to all over my staff and drivers over the years that I have been able to develop such wonderful companies. Without a team of good, loyal and hard working drivers no transport company can exist, and in my experience a company is only as good as the drivers it employs.

To Terry Bowler and any of my other drivers who read this I would love to hear from you again and if you message my Grandson Mike Hallam at michael-hallam1@sky.com he will pass my details onto you.

Once again my thanks and sincere good wishes to you all and my thanks also to those who have since passed on, may they rest in peace.

Geoff

Geoff Hallam JP, FCILT
Former MD of Humber McVeigh Transport