Maurice Hazelwood Heckington

Another request does anyone remember the above company. He used to run a few ERFs in navy blue and red used to do a lot of potatoes into northern markets and reload fertilizer back out of ICI Billingham. I passed my test and went to work for him but being a young un never took any photos.

Hello Baxter Boy you are obviously from the Heckington/Boston area and I noticed on another thread you had been on for Benton’s. In the early 70s I used to deliver carpets to Epton’s yard nr.Boston for theSweden boat and there was a lad there on the forklift his nickname was Poppy I never new his name but he was from Heckington I heard he later went on the driving and was on for Benton’s do you know if he is still around.
If you know him or happen to see him tell him Eddie that was on for McMurdo’s was asking about him.
Eddie.

Hi Eddie I dont know anyone called poppy but I do know a short stock lad called Pop with curly hair He is in his late 50s now and was on for ET Morris as well would that be the chap your on about.■■

Hello Baxter Boy that could be him the age seems about right.He could handle a fork lift, and at Eptons store they had paper reel grabs the poles for carpets and the forks but nothing was a problem it was one of the places you enjoyed going to,the storeman was Albert Epton who lived at Hubbert’s bridge and I heard when the buisness was sold to Humber McVeigh he went driving fuel tankers.Mention me to Pop if you see him. Eddie.

erfguy:
Hello Baxter Boy that could be him the age seems about right.He could handle a fork lift, and at Eptons store they had paper reel grabs the poles for carpets and the forks but nothing was a problem it was one of the places you enjoyed going to,the storeman was Albert Epton who lived at Hubbert’s bridge and I heard when the buisness was sold to Humber McVeigh he went driving fuel tankers.Mention me to Pop if you see him. Eddie.

I will Eddie I dont see much of him nowadays but I will try and catch him. Albert Eptons lad drives for Marshalls of ButterwickI believe who have now been taken over by Solstor a London firm.

Come on you ERF boys someone must have some snaps of this old Licolnshire firm Also any CF Dickinson of Billinghay now long gone they ran a lot of ERFs . :slight_smile: