Old livestock hauliers shropshire

Pebbles 74:

andrew brick:

Pebbles 74:

shakey:
i am new to this site but drove for a good few years for mervyn edwards on livestock haulage with his guy big j s loading around the mid wales markets and delivering to marshalls at lamberhurst, north devon meats at torrington and somebody at tiverton junction. i also did a bit of work carrying pigs for barry hughes whose lorries were orange and signwritten select livestock producers

The place at Tiverton Junction might have been Lloyd Maunder?

Andrew

Hi, I remember Lloyd Maunders at Tiverton well, used to be a regular run at one time.
regards Andrew.

Hello Andrew, yes LM was a big operation. They were envoled in the animal feed milling, fattening, the processing & supply to the supermarkets & their own retail. Apparently the LM name is only used on the high-street butchers shops now, the processing plant being sold to a company called 2-Sisters from the Midlands.

Note seen / heared anything from 143topline latey?
Hi, not surprised, looking back is bad for my health !! makes me feel old. Most of the places that I used to deliver to seem to have gone, only seems like yesterday that I was delivering to places such as Barnstable,Gloucester and Northampton, most are now large estates, as are most of the livestock markets that we loaded from,then there is the old cafs that we used to stop at, all gone, God I feel old,and and im not even 50 yet !!!.
regards, Andrew