Old livestock hauliers shropshire

jonmea:
does anybody know if Derek Brick is still going.
this is one of his old ones. Dad bought it in1994

Hi jonmea,
Derek retired a few years ago,had a four wheeler FL6 curtainsider the last few years he was operating.
Cheers Dave.

heres a few of my pics to stir some memories

bromfield road, ludlow…volvo country

Hi 143topline,
Did you drive for Jukes of Leintwardine ?
Cheers Dave.

j pugh albion reiver, thornes 3 deck livestock body, dont get much better than this
at llangollen sheep sale

crowthers erf wagon and drag at bridgnorth market

My Cousin Dennis Lewis from Canon Pyon in Herefordshire,had his own livestock lorry for several years,before that he drove one for R Patrick of Canon Pyon.

Hi John. who or what was Annow International as seen on Jones livestock bodies?
Is the Jukes’s photo taken in Richards yard? The leyland must be JVJ 758E and one of the AEC marshalls NCJ 340G. How many did Jukes’s have?

did not drive for jukes , well may have had a little sit behind the wheel off the road
my father was a customer of jukes on the livestock side and thats how i ended up being lorry mad for the last fifty odd years after having a ride in jukes o type bedford reg GUJ 294

Dave the Renegade:
Hi 143topline,
Did you drive for Jukes of Leintwardine ?
Cheers Dave.

dave, i remember the r patrick lorries, brown and cream i think, but have no pics

Dave the Renegade:
My Cousin Dennis Lewis from Canon Pyon in Herefordshire,had his own livestock lorry for several years,before that he drove one for R Patrick of Canon Pyon.

hi dave
i never asked about annow int but was operated by ae jones possibly as a separate company when they were on the export job. i will ask norman jones when i see him
as for jukes fleet i think this was the fleet when photo taken probably 1968. the other aec marshal was OCJ 875G and les morgan drove it at that time.
the bedford is FVJ 556D
cheers john

atkidave:
Hi John. who or what was Annow International as seen on Jones livestock bodies?
Is the Jukes’s photo taken in Richards yard? The leyland must be JVJ 758E and one of the AEC marshalls NCJ 340G. How many did Jukes’s have?

S J Morris also covered Shropshire, I have been told this vehicle is parked in shed in Trefonen

143topline:
heres a few of my pics to stir some memories

Topline this is a stunning photo are the AEC’s 4 or 6 wheelers the Leyland is a Super comet isen’t it .
John

the aec’s are six wheelers “marshals” as they were badged and correct the leland is a 4 wheel super comet

Hi 143 John,
I know Norman Jones quite well,had a chat with him the day we took the pics.he lived up this way for a while,and used to come to Country & Western evenings that I run. Dennis Lewis had a blue six wheeler 3 series Scania when he finished,sadly he passed away soon after.But he worked until he was 73,not bad going.
Cheers Dave.

hi 143 reckon this picture will be of interest to you

nice one andy of the f86 laid to rest on ground under the railway bridge. looked there a few times myself but alas never took any photos

i have a photo of an erf 8 wheeler of sj morris will try to post it over the weekend

oxo3:
S J Morris also covered Shropshire, I have been told this vehicle is parked in shed in Trefonen

Dave the Renegade:
]
Hi jonmea,
Derek retired a few years ago,had a four wheeler FL6 curtainsider the last few years he was operating.
Cheers Dave.

thanks for that Dave.

Bowker Brothers did livestock haulage, and although i have loads of photos of the lorries, I don’t have any of the stockboxes. I do however, have loads of happy memories of playing around these lorries as a child.
A couple of names I remember being on the stock there were Harry Jarrett, and Joker Preece.

Also one of the drivers from ET Rowlands who drove a stock box was Bill Allen, and I do have a recent photo of him. A face that tells a thousand stories, and I’ll post it up as soon as I get the OK from him.