The Fathers Protests

Reply from Mrs runaroundtel: This thread completely and utterly astounds me… 100 years ago or so, women were chaining themselves to the railings of prominent places, and dying under the hooves of race horses, simply to highlight the fact that they had no rights to vote! Imagine how any of you would feel, not being able to vote in view of your gender. (forced feeding in prisons, total social rejection, illegal incarceration for the purposes of social control)Women had no rights to property under divorce procedings, and they had no rights whatsoever to parental control (children went to the father) Once divorced, a woman could expect little more than short shrift. Women and children were little more than chattals. It was a man’s world, and quite frankly, it still is. In my view, a handful of men causing a rumpus in the houses of Parliament, or climbing up a crane in silly costumes, is a very long way from the suffragettes, and it irks me immensely that a handful of men get the publicity that they do, for a couple of silly stunts, simply because their wives have full custody of the kids! I will agree that family law is largely dependent on the capability of the lawyer and spending power, none the less… a group of indignant men, with their noses out of joint, will NOT entice me to any sympathy!