PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Dean the other day you asked if an orange Foden you pictured belonged to Conway Baily from Cornwall, well that is there colours as the shot below verifies, Buzzer

Thanks for the pic Buzzer. :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Plenty of beasts in these sheds Buzzer on Wrightys patch at Culgaith .

:laughing: Donā€™t know how I put that on Deans thread :unamused: ,no not an inch if you strap in the right place ,Iā€™am not in favour of strapping wheels like the good book says as then itā€™s only as good as the handbrake is and at 45 degrees itā€™s a test I donā€™t wonā€™t to be trying :open_mouth:

Reckon you have been over doing it Dan,never known you be so busy. :laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
We only had one flatbed but in truth we didnā€™t use it much and when we did it was usually loaded whilst on the chassis anyway. Was interested as we used to pick containers of filter cake up out of pontypool, if it was to wet it would slide when you picked the container up, I had one that slid and bowed the back door on the container which I couldnā€™t then bring back loaded as there was a big gap at the bottom of the container door in the middle.

Never driven a roll on roll off truck ā€œKempstonā€ but how stable are they ? When you look at some of them they are fairly high ? :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Iā€™ve been meaning to post for days,though been busy at work.This DAF was being driven by an old friend of mine,Ian Boon,an ex Mcburnie chipped to 640hp XF.They couldnā€™t stop it eating gear boxes.Though when it was running,it did go really wellā€¦
Regards Andrew.

Thanks for the comments Andrew,sounds expensive chap ,especially if it had an auto box. :wink:

Juddian:
Where i worked we had the one flatbed rolonoff body, used regularly for moving stackable concrete beams off sites, but came into its own when recovering the odd broken down or accident damaged tractor unit, saved Ā£thousands on professional recovery.

Thanks for the comments Juddian. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hello Dean,ā€¦many thanks for D Austin Jones Atki ā€¦they actually bought out Fred Jones for various contracts such as timber out of Swansea docks and tinplate ā€¦Austin Jones were based at Llanmorlais on the Gower ā€¦they had around 30 Atkis the main work was out of 3Ms Gorseinonā€¦and also Signode .
They were first established as agricultural merchants ā€¦and finished in the mid 1980s ā€¦that Atki was magic Dean ā€¦many thanks again ā€¦lol ā€¦Geraint

Thanks for the comments Geraint,that Atki did look nice,shame they have finished. :wink: