I’m curious to know

In the 11 years I have been driving I have eventually realised that it was the one employment sector that is the most archaic.
I started doing mostly London in an artic and enjoyed it for 18 months, it was multi drop with new units etc.
But the people try and grind you down, loved driving the lorry and all that finding addresses etc. Just the people that were mostly miserable and grumpy at the drops.

Moved to Lincs. and started doing farms, tates mostly and that was better, the people not as grumpy, but the H&S kept on coming, then the cameras at the processing plants and I watched as people were ground down even more, worried to talk because they were on camera, so these people became miserable.

Worked for a couple of different companies and it was pretty much the same archaic way of doing business and the expectation that you didn`t mind being behind the wheel at 5 in the morning, well I did and I left for a year and made preperations to change my life.

I went back and lasted 18 months before I realised this industry just ■■■■■ the life out of you and I was only doing days!

It`s the people see, they are mostly enslaved and because they are getting paid they feel they are not, but they are in the way in which they are treated and I had no more fight left in me, so when I was asked to take a unit out with a water leak from the coolant system which I had just brought back, I just walked.

I perhaps have being spoiled with my previous occupations in the food industry and having my own business and being a ■■■■■■ analyst is probably the thing that made it hard for me, in that people are not at all regarded as an asset, just a means to an end, so the sooner they have these self driving vehicles the better.

No living human should be allowed to sleep in a metal box with little or no facilities day in day out, nor should they be degraded and humiliated as and when the mood suits others and I really feel if the general public knew what a hard life it is for many out there, then they may be more gracious in their attitude towards drivers.

I am thinking of going back out there for a few more months this summer, just to see how drivers are now being treated with all this covid stuff and to fully accept that I may well have masochistic tendencies. :laughing: