PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

windrush:
DeanB wrote- Thanks for the comments Pete,sounds like the Wilcox insulated body was not so good then.
I can only comment on there normal grain tipping bodies and they were fine. :wink:
Out of interest what was the problem ?

It was fitted on the P reg Foden 3000 series I had new, we had two of them actually. The side panels seemed to be just secured with a mastic and when empty they rattled about loose, when hot material was loaded they expanded and were fine. The split taildoor fitted into an ‘overhang’ on its top edge, fine for stone but tarmac used to get stuck on top of it and then the bloody thing wouldn’t close so the body had to be tipped and the stuff scraped off. However if you still had a part load left on to return to the quarry it couldn’t be tipped, I used to ask somebody to hold it up with a shovel etc while I got behind it to remove the sticky stuff. Also the taildoor was split 50/50 (would have been much better at 60/40) so if you tipped it too rapidly when folded it swung up and knocked the rear arch off of the ‘easysheet’. That was another nightmare, although not a Wilcox fitment but made by Dawbarn, as you needed an 8 ft long pole to unwind the thing and if somebody was parked behind then you couldn’t use it! The centre pole was already bent when it came new, it took all my strength to get the thing rolling and I blame it for my left shoulder muscles being knackered. I only had it for a year and then jacked, the poor sod who had it after me hated it even more than I did! :unamused:

Pete.

Basically you were not impressed then Pete ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wonder if they got any better making that particular body. Like i say there grain tipping trailers were fine. :wink:

Do you know what happened to them Pete,as i am not sure if they went pop or were bought out as they are finished now â– â–