PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

robthedog:
“smallcoal”

Hi dean,n r evans are no longer they run under arla in avonmouth,I drove for n r Evans on agency work the hours are very odd

Thanks for the info John. Looks like NFT have acquired them now John as Paul sent me this. :wink:

NR Evans directors have started again now called ARRA still do the home bargains work as well.
Sell up for 20m then buy some more trucks and go and do the work for the same customer, good work if you can get it !,

Thanks Rob for confirming what John said. :wink: I wonder if the original company was split as NFT seemed to have
bought part of Evans. :unamused:

Heres a pic of Arra with a homebargains trailer.

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Had a Paul Gee moment this week down on Southbourne beach walking towards Bournemouth.

They are pumping sand back from the sea floor onto several local beaches due to it being washed away over time.

I think that’s what they did in Swanage a few years ago, Dean? It looked a little strange with the bottom end of various steps down from the road to the beach, being covered in sand, with hand rails disappearing down into the “new” sand

I know what you mean Chris have seen that myself a few times at Sanndbanks and Bournemouth. :wink:

Surprised there were no comments on the 1976 article about the British built tractor units,bearing in mind how many
pro British members there are on here ? :unamused: