Pre ADR Course Reading?

OK, I did about 3+ years ago hold ADR Core, Packages and Classes 1-9.
In between my work with the MoD ended and my qualification did in early 2017.
Since working in a different aspect of logistics I seem to have forgotten a lot about it for various work reasons.

But now looking to go back and do some training on ADR.
Are their any good sites/books or downloads to look at & read up on it all?
Classes, sub classes and all about core & packages.

Seen a few books but they are panned so looking for a recommendation from those that know.
Do not mind paying a few ££ for good material & in case CV19 stops training want to read up on it all.

Firm believer in reading up on a subject before I book a course later in the year.

Thanks in advance.

HGV2M25:
Since working in a different aspect of logistics I seem to have forgotten a lot about it for various work reasons.

Seen a few books but they are panned so looking for a recommendation from those that know.
Do not mind paying a few ££ for good material & in case CV19 stops training want to read up on it all.

Firm believer in reading up on a subject before I book a course later in the year.

Thanks in advance.

All the subject material will be given to you on a course, you dont need to read up on anything. ADR is rewritten every two years so any other publications could be out of date. A good trainer will teach you all you need to remember to pass. Make notes if you need to remind yourself of anything.

Wheel Nut:
All the subject material will be given to you on a course, you dont need to read up on anything. ADR is rewritten every two years so any other publications could be out of date. A good trainer will teach you all you need to remember to pass. Make notes if you need to remind yourself of anything.

This^^^

Thanks for that Malc, you’ve saved me from typing exactly the same. :smiley:

The course is idiot proof, just pay attention to the tutor and take in what they tell you and you will pass it

To be honest I asked the same question knowing i was going to be doing an adr course as soon as lockdown was over. Once i did the course i realised that there is nothing that i needed to bone up on or learn before hand.

At the beginning of the course we were given a folder with all the relevant information in and at the end of the day we were given a list of questions on what we had covered that day. we then went over all the questions we had done the next day so all the important information was drummed into us.

if you really want to bone up on a single aspect i would suggest learning the different classes and the signs for them including classes 1 and 7.

I’ll second that, it’d be well worthwhile learning the nine classes, plus the subdivisions, and the associated placards. That’s about 20% of the course material right there. Plenty of places on line to find this.

But don’t sweat it, a decent instructor can get total noobs through their exams first time without any prior reading, though I disagree that the course is idiot-proof: as Douglas Adams wrote in Mostly Harmless, “a common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool-proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools” :laughing:

Zac_A:
as Douglas Adams wrote in Mostly Harmless, “a common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool-proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools”

Classic. :smiley:

Third and fourth. Do not read any material beforehand. Just pay attention and don’t worry.

It is a multiple choice exam and two of the answers to each question (should be, if you have been awake) obviously wrong.

The instructors on ADR courses (in my experience) are excellent. Just make sure the course you are on also counts towards your DCPC.

HGV2M25:

Thanks in advance.

If you held the ADR qualification 3+ years ago as you state, you must remember how easy it was to pass?