ADR

Hi, I am doing an ADR course (packages) in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if there is anything that I can read up on beforehand■■?

Many Thanks

You can find all kinds of stuff to read up on, but it’ll be no use if you don’t know what the test paper questions are. All the questions are based on what you are taught during the course and in the handouts you are given. The questions are multiple choice and self explanatory, read it twice and you’ll have no issues.

Open a beer and enjoy the weekend.

odd_the_duck:
Hi, I am doing an ADR course (packages) in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if there is anything that I can read up on beforehand■■?

Many Thanks

I was asking the same before my course, really hard to find much of any use online isn’t it.

Obviously every instructor is different, but if yours is anything like mine dont worry. I wouldn’t of been allowed to fail if I tried,

Your brain will probably be baffled after day 1 but gradually it will all slot together and youll see there’s only half of what he’s saying that you need to know.

Just read up on Tunnel Codes as that’s the one thing I really struggled to get my head round

Thanks chaps!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I wouldn’t bother myself, as long as you have a decent instructor, you should have no problem.

Good luck.

Maybe a look through this thread may help = viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23162

Rich262:
… All the questions are based on what you are taught during the course and in the handouts you are given. The questions are multiple choice and self explanatory, read it twice and you’ll have no issues.

Open a beer and enjoy the weekend.

This^^^ on every day of the week, and twice on Sundays!! :smiley:

Anybody doing research on this is very probably wasting their own time, because you cannot evaluate what you might find for any of the following reasons:

• You cannot tell whether whatever you might find is relevant
  • You cannot tell whether whatever you might find is/is not out-of-date
  • You cannot tell whether whatever you might find is accurate in the first place
  • You do not know in what depth to study whatever you might find

A candidate can rely on being given an SQA approved handout that goes with an SQA approved course and being taught by an SQA approved instructor at an SQA approved premises.

My advice is that a candidate takes some notepaper, leaves their phone off during lessons, takes no notice of the gobby ‘know-it-all’ (usually sitting at the back of the class playing with his phone) and asks the instructor to explain something again that they think they haven’t quite understood.

If a candidate does those simple things, passing the exams is actually quite straightforward because the instructor isn’t teaching them rocket science.

The only point I would add is to have chosen the correct instructor in the first place.

The guy I train for won’t let you teach ADR until you are a qualified DGSA so that you know what you are talking about and can deal with any tricky questions you get asked without having to find out from someone else

We’re pretty spoilt on here though because we have Diesel Dave who has forgotten more about ADR than most ever need to know