Help needed for my ADR training

hi everyone i am going to take my adr course soon i was wanting to read some books and learn a few things before i go on the course, what is the best book i should read before i go for the course i am reading the national dangerous goods training consortium driver handbook its from 2006 i dont know if this book is out of date or not or if im reading the wrong book completley if anyone has any imformation out there that would help me it would be greatly appreciated thankyou

personaly i woudnt read any books the course itself hasplenty off books and videos dont read the old books ive done 2 adr courses over 1o yrs and each one was different you will find it mind boggling as i did but most people pass

This has just recently been covered, your ADR training is just that, training, so don’t prep or whatever, the teacher is there to teach what you need to know.

thanks for the imformation guys i just wondered what book they are using the now in the classroom ive got a few weeks to burn before i go on it just itchin to read up on it

These

BUT, they’re just like adendments I think, because the ones being carried by my adr instructor in feb seemed MUCH bigger and had soo much ■■■■ in them it was untrue.

Don’t fill your head with ■■■■ you don’t need to know mate - leave room for what you do need to know.

cheers m8 will do i will let you know how i get on :smiley:

bigbravo:
hi everyone i am going to take my adr course soon i was wanting to read some books and learn a few things before i go on the course, what is the best book i should read before i go for the course i am reading the national dangerous goods training consortium driver handbook its from 2006 i dont know if this book is out of date or not or if im reading the wrong book completley if anyone has any imformation out there that would help me it would be greatly appreciated thankyou

I did mine three weeks ago dont do any prep the teachers really do teach you for a change !!

Good luck

cheers m8

Sat my 10 exams today, feel confident I’ve done alright.

Tankers exam tomorrow and then the long wait i guess for the results back. :frowning:

bigbravo:

Hi bigbravo,

Any ADR course book from 2006 is seriously out-of-date. :open_mouth:

An ADR course book should be based on the current version of ADR (dated 2011) so there will have been changes since 2006 when you consider that ADR is binned and completely republished every two years. ADR republishes in an odd-numbered year, so 2007, 2009 and 2011 in your case.
:bulb: Your 2006 book is very probably based on ADR 2005, so my honest advice is to bin it.

I’ll also echo what’s been said so far in that it’s best to just wait until you go on your course.
The ADR provider has to give you some sort of handout, which then becomes yours to keep.

:bulb: If you really champing at the bit and want to gain an ‘edge’ for your ADR course and exams, then here’s something relevant to study: :wink:

Good luck on your course!! :smiley:

Just to echo what everyone else has said; DIY ADR is a dangerous hobby. I consider myself fairly up to speed with the majority of it, until I read these posts on the forum.

I maybe unwisely, try to pre-empt Dave’s final answer and although on the right lines I am often not clear enough or even incorrect in my answer.

I do have access to some up to date material, but without a good instructor it can mean nothing.

Luckily for me, Dave doesn’t bite :stuck_out_tongue:

hi wheel nut thanks for the reply any help would be great :slight_smile:

bigbravo:
hi wheel nut thanks for the reply any help would be great :slight_smile:

Lisen to what Dave has said trust me he is the " Oracle " when it comes to ADR

Agreed with above points,there is no need to swat up for an ADR course,the tutor will tell you what you need to know and what new rules and regs that have come in place,a 5 year old can pass an ADR course,easy mate.

will do mate cheers :slight_smile:

How much does it cost, how long does the course take & what are future job prospects on fuel tankers…?

toby1234abc:
… a 5 year old can pass an ADR course,easy mate.

Hi Toby,

One of the guys who sat an earlier course came to my last course to re-sit three of the five exams he took.

:open_mouth: If you saw the size of him, you’d think twice before telling him that by your reckoning he must be dimmer than a 5-year old. :wink:

Pimpdaddy:
How much does it cost, how long does the course take & what are future job prospects on fuel tankers…?

Try here for price not sure what the job prospects are like in your area

adr-courses.co.uk/

i think it would be pretty good if there was a lot more mock exams on the internet to atleast give you a taster for the exams ive only managed to find one :slight_smile: more besides that i really want to learn the all about adr, the exams will happen when the time comes, but its something im really intrested to learn if i pass the test or not :wink:

All the exam are multi choices just remember that

Not a lot for a driver to learn tbh