Help needed for my ADR training

I can not see how hard it is,you tick the right box,you have only been told a few hours ago by the tutor,as he/she as lectured on that subject.

:grimacing:

toby1234abc:
I can not see how hard it is,you tick the right box,you have only been told a few hours ago by the tutor,as he/she as lectured on that subject.

That’s very true Toby, but there are some people who

• think they know more than the instructor
  • say they understand instead of saying that they don’t
  • don’t believe the instructor
  • prefer to believe what their mate told them in the pub/on the ferry/on the train
  • can’t follow simple instructions about how to fill in the exam sheets
  • fail on purpose

I’ve met all of the above.

That sounds like the list of the folks that were sat on my course,the stuff they came out with,or more so what their boss had told them to do,was mostly illegal and dangerous too,some may say,well i asked a policeman who said it was ok to do that.

Pimpdaddy:
How much does it cost, how long does the course take & what are future job prospects on fuel tankers…?

An ADR course doesn’t teach you much about operating tankers, so an ADR is not an instant licence to drive fuel tankers. Tanker experience on something that doesn’t bite is by far the best way to go, if you have a small spillage of sugar or animal fat, all you get is a bollocking.

As for Toby’s post I know someone who failed his corrosive module twice. Class 8 is in my opinion the easier one.

Pimpdaddy:
How much does it cost,

Hi Pimpdaddy,

That depends on which modules you wish to take and which ADR provider you choose, because some are more expensive than others.

Another variable cost is whether you wish to include any DCPC hours.

Pimpdaddy:
how long does the course take

This depends on which modules you wish to take.
Eg, if you want to do the whole lot (except explosives and radioactives) then you’re looking at 5 days.

Pimpdaddy:
& what are future job prospects on fuel tankers…?

Slim to nil if the truth be told.
However, your chances probably increased if you already hold the ADR tanker qualification, because then at least you might get in through the depot gate to the interview.

To answer your specific question about fuel tankers, you will need a minimum of:

• ADR Core module
  • ADR Tanks module
  • ADR Class three module

That’s your cheapest option if that’s all you really wish to do, but if some other kind of ADR work is offered, you’ll probably have to decline it due to not being qualified.

It is absolutely your choice though, so please don’t believe anybody who tells you differently. :wink:

:bulb: If you’ll accept some advice, I’d go for Core, Packs and seven Classes, because it can increase your employment prospects without the financial risk of paying extra for something that you might not need.