Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:
So I’m going with '87 F90 with a 13 speed Fuller just as I remembered it ?. :wink:

Yes CF, I’m aware of those examples and a handful of others, but they were all German-registered and may have been retro-fitted. As far as I am aware no F90s with RHD or LHD were fitted with them in UK: you could have a Twin-splitter or a ZF Eco-split.

I think it would be impossible to confuse twin splitter v 13 speed Fuller v Eco Split.
It seems to have had a 13 speed from memory with the gear shift control exactly as in the F8 example and the lever in the F90 example shown respectively.
As it stands I’d go with the possibility that it might have been possible to order a UK F90 with a 13 speed fuller in it by twisting MAN’s arm and Fraikin seems to have done it.If anyone had the clout to be able to do it they probably would have.Probably wanting to keep to the same spec here as they knew on their continental operations.
There are one or two other ex Carryfast on here who also drove them maybe they could confirm it.